Sick, Sick, Sick....

So, I am going to use my blog for a little venting today. I woke up at 4 o'clock this morning puking and it hasn't stopped. For some reason the little thing growing inside of me is really giving me a run for my money this time around. The saltine crackers and Sprite are getting old and the Zofran doesn't seem to be working. My kids are glued to the T.V. because I don't feel well enough to entertain them any other way. I am counting down the weeks until I USUALLY feel better but this pregnancy has been very unusual for me so far! Yikes! I have laundry scattered all over my family room floor that will hopefully be put away before bedtime. My sweet husband scrubbed toilets with the kids this weekend so at least my bathrooms are clean. As I write I can hear laughter in the other room as the kids are playing with their friends...I am grateful for the distraction for a minute!

It is funny how I forgot how miserable pregnancy can be. With all that said I consider myself so blessed to be carrying another child. The nausea, vomitting, and weight gain are all incredibly worth it though that is hard to admit right now! So, I am off to order pizza...that is as good as it gets tonight!

12 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

I'm so sorry your medicine isn't working anymore! Bummer...I hope your baby stops being so difficult. Don't worry...just let your kids watch TV all day. They'll survive :)

Heather said...

Think of it as an investment: pain now for a beautiful baby later. (And since I am speaking from so much personal experience, you know _exactly_ how much that advice is worth!).

Sorry to hear you have been feeling so sick. Puking is not any fun AT ALL.

lramey said...

OH I'M SO SORRY! i am sicker than a dog when i'm pregnant too---it's THEE worst. Yes, it's definitely worth it in the end, but it sucks!!!!!

megship said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. I don't get too too sick, but what I do get sucks so I can only imagine how crappy it is for you! Don't worry, it will be over soon! Four kids? Wow.

Angie said...

Congrats on another baby!!! It was so fun to hear from you. We miss the ward and all our friends in Utah! Tell everyone we say Hi.

Baxter's said...

Hang in there! I got to my "usually feel better week" and just didn't...and I was ticked. Hang in there. There was a great talk on hope in conference...give it a read. :-) It may be all you have to hold on to for a while. :-)

Sherian said...

oh! keep on truckin'. I think we forget it on purpose...or else we would never have more than one child! It really is so worth it. (Keep telling that to the inside of your toilet bowls) So sorry!

The Tomlinsons said...

I hope it gets better soon!!!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Congrats Renee! #4 scares me! You are an awesome mom though! I hope you get feeling better when you "usually" do too! Good luck, good to hear everything is going good with the baby!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

I'm sorry Renee! That stinks so bad! I don't have it that bad so I shouldn't complain :( I got my prescription for Zofran today so I'm CROSSING my fingers it helps some. I hope your feeling better time is coming soon!

Deanna said...

From what I understand, you have to wait for the zofran to build up in your system. So if you take it regularly it should help. I totally agree with you when you say it is worth it. I look at my beautiful baby girl and am so glad she is part of our lives!

whitney holland. said...

Hello! First off CONGRATS on the new little one! I am sorry that you are having such a tough pregnancy but I like that you realize it's such a blessing and so worth it! You have adorable kids and I can't wait to see this next little one! I secretly hope this is another little girl...Kylee is just too cute to be the ONLY girl in your house! When do you find out?