I think I am crazy...


So, I had my first doctors appointment yesterday and all is well. For me, that is a HUGE sigh of relief. I am a bit psycho and constantly worry that something might go wrong...any of you who know me well are not suprised a bit! I have been really sick with this pregnancy and finally gave in and asked for medication to help with the nausea. The doctor gave me Zofran (thank goodness we have great prescription coverage) and I took it last night. I think it helped and made me feel great. I woke up this morning and wasn't feeling nauseated at all. So, I cried and called Tyler to tell him that I couldn't take the medicine anymore. Why? Because if I am not puking and feeling like crap there is no reassurance that I am actually prego - at least that is what I tell myself. Make sense? Probably not. The moral of the story is that I am truly crazy because I would rather walk around feeling like I am going to puke than take the medication that actually makes me feel normal. Oh the joys of an anxiety stricken pregnant woman! Becky J., you and I should seriously be admitted to the same mental hospital! :)

14 comments:

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Yeah! I'm so happy for you...sometimes I wish I was on baby #4 and there was an end to my pregnancy tunnel...but it's all good :) Wanted to ask you if Zofran made you tired...I'm debating whether or not to go on it...

Rachel said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I understand how you are feeling though. I miscarried before my fourth baby, and I was like nine weeks along and didn't feel sick at all, and then, lo and behold, something was wrong. So, when I got pregnant again I was so happy to be sick because then I knew it was sticking! I'm sure everything will be fine with this new little one!

The Tomlinsons said...

OHHHH. I hate getting sick. I hope you start feeling better.

Angela and Mike said...

TAKE THE MEDICATION. I'm so glad it worked. Just relax....haha, easy for me to say. I've had my anxiety moments with pregnancy too. Luckily, I can feel my little guy move ALL the time, so I know he's okay.

Deanna said...

I agree : Take the medication! It saved me. Only we don't have that fabulous of prescription coverage so we only got 12 pill for 30 days. I ended up cutting them in half so I could at least feel okay and not puke most of the month - which was imperative since I worked with eating disorders people! When I wasn't able to take the medication I ended up throwing up at work - yeah, that didn't go over too well...

Natalie said...

Oh Renee!!! I've been on Zofran and I still feel miserable a lot of times. If you feel good when you take it, why not:)

stephanie said...

HIlarious! I just got done looking at your blog and thought I was bad about stalking yours. Then I read your comment on my blog and laughed! Don''t worry I'm a blog stalker too!

brionesjm said...

Take the Zofran! You deserve it.
Thanks for the lesson tonight. I changed my blog, but still have some tweeking to do to make it look good. :) Janet

Sharlynn said...

First of all congrats on the baby! That is so dang exciting. I am sorry that you are so sick that is not fun. You should definitely take the zofran and just try to convince yourself not to worry. If you can avoid being sick you should!

Anonymous said...

Seriously Renee if it helps take it, it didn't do anything for me and I would cry almost daily because I felt my sickness was hopeless. And you are not pyscho, no woman can be held accountable for anything they say or do during pregnancy. ;-)

Tamra

Baxter's said...

Take the meds Renee! :-)

Baxter's said...

Remember...drugs are good.

megship said...

Congrats, Renee! And not to be the bad guy, but I was really sick with my first baby and I miscarried her, so sickness is not always an indication of everything going fine. You will be just fine, just take the drugs so you can be a good mom to those kids! Your daughter is adorable, she looks just like you!

Rebecs said...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS! I have been meaning to comment on your blog since I read the news on google reader, but I have been lazy, of course. I must say though, you are crazy! Take the Zofran! Good luck with your pregnancy. And although I know you love your boys and they are darling. I think you need another little Kylee too! She is too cute!