Perspective...

It is amazing how out of focus I get at this time of year. Starting mid-November I am already making lists and picking up things for the kids to put away for Christmas. It seems to consume me! I spend hours googling the latest fad in toys for kids and get excited when I see something that I know they will love. For me, that is part of the fun of this time of year.

Last night we put up our tree. It was such a JOY for me to watch the kids work together to place to ornaments in "just the right spot". Yes, it is in serious need of some adjusting, but I couldn't bring myself to move a single ornament last night. They seemed so out of place yet so perfectly placed because they were put there by my sweet childrens hands.

Tyler just forwarded me the link to this story about an 11 year old boys dying wish. Feed the homeless. Stories like this are what this season is all about. Giving. I am grateful for examples, like this one, that truly help give me perspective! Enjoy.

*** Sorry, you will have to cut and paste the link. I am not sure how to do anything other than that! It is worth your time, I promise!!! ***

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?cl=10831031

6 comments:

R.D.S said...

I saw that story on the news and it was amazing to me how mature this little 11 year old boy is. You can see how close he is to his heavenly father by his acceptance of his situation in life and his wish for those who do not have all that they need. He is an example to us all.

Erin said...

I love Christmas. I can't wait to get our tree up. Hope you are feeling well.

lovell said...

I love christmas. I want to come and see your tree. I always move things around after the kids put the ornaments on. Your good just to let them be.

Sherian said...

Thank you...I needed that. I want to see pics of your tree:) Oh...and I hope your feeling better.

Amy Morris said...

You are such a cute mom Renee! I've been a slacker with blogging lately- so sorry it's a little late to say but- CONGRATULATIONS on baby #4!

I love that you are already in the Christmas spirit!

Dottie Stay said...

Christmas is the best time for sure. What an awesome feeling. Everyone seems to be in the spirit of things, and a little happier, and a little more giving. You are just wonderful!