Domestic?



Once upon a time (like 1 year ago) I thought that making freezer jam was hard until I joined my sisters in my mothers kitchen and learned that it really is simple.  Considering I don't sew or bake bread I thought making homemade jam might be something I could teach Kylee.  So, I bought the strawberries and other necessary ingredients and after school we went to work.  She did it all and was super impressed with herself.  It is funny how things that seem complicated aren't when you actually take the time to learn.  It was fun to chat amongst the mess in the kitchen and spend a few minutes with my little girl.  Maybe someday she will do the same with her daughter and she can tell her that her mother taught her something.

6 comments:

Mom, Mommy, Ma Ma Jo, Grandma, Grandma Jo said...

Are you saying that your mother never taught you much!!!!!!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Do share your recipe for strawberry freezer jam!

Kim said...

Yes - Please post your recipe!!!

Megs said...

I made freezer jam with JJ and Emma last year. We need to do that again. It was so YUMMY.

Tiffany said...

You need to teach me how to do this. It seems too hard to me too, but maybe I could do it.

The Tomlinsons said...

Awesome! Don't feel bad--I just learned to make freezer jam a year ago, too! Maybe I'll take your idea and do it with Leah this year!