Check List...

I remember telling a first time mom not too long ago to "enjoy her sleep and let the list wait until after the baby comes". Funny that I am completely ignoring my own advice and have a list a mile long of all that MUST be accomplished in the next week. Crazy to think that in just 10 days we will be meeting our baby girl. To say that I can't hardly wait is an understatement...I just want her in my arms and healthy - then I can breathe a major sigh or relief...even if it only lasts for a moment!

Thanks to my best friend Darci, the nursery is complete and Kylee's room has been transformed. It would have never happened without her willingness to give up a few afternoons and one late night...in her own words, Darci is a "rock star". So, the tasks on my list of priorities for the next week include the following:

Weed front and back
Clean laundry room
Organize bathroom drawers
Clean out Kylee's closet and dresser
Hang curtains in my room and the boys room
Hang pictures on boys walls
Get hair done
Pedicure
Pack hospital bag
Pack my hubby for Trek (he leaves a few days after the baby comes)
Get car cleaned

The basic house cleaning will be done next Saturday after my boys return from the Father's & Son's campout...then I will spend Sunday relaxing and will report Monday morning for my c-section. I have been waiting 9 months to accomplish this final list and cannot believe the time has come. Wish me luck!

16 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

WHAT? Your husband is leaving within days of baby being born? He is gonna owe you BIG.

I'm so excited to meet the newest little Holland. I hope you have some help getting all the task list items done.

Becky said...

Yay for the final days! So excited for you guys!

Sharon said...

I'd say get your hair done, do the pedicure, pack your bag and forget the rest!! Of course, I wouldn't be able to do that either. But I would make Tyler pack his own bag. You're amazing if you do that. I never pack Gordon's camping bags because I wouldn't have a clue what he needs. We're so excited to see this new little girl and see if she looks just like Kylee. Do you have a name picked out? By the way, I wish I was there, I would come help you get your list done. It's so much more fun to do someone else's list than your own.

Spilter said...

It is here!! I am so excited for you. It sounds like you have everything almost ready. Don't forget the pedicure that is the best.

Here is my email
amberacottrell@hotmail.com

Yes so crazy we are moving to Korea and in for some new crazy adventures.

Talk to you soon,
Amber

brittany said...

ryan left for a week when finn was 5 days old, so i feel for you that tyler is leaving shortly after. wish i was there to help. and the list.. i had a list too. i'm pretty sure it didn't all get done, so good luck to you. i hope you accomplish it all!

Our Family said...

I'm with Sharon-- hair and toes are the priority. Not to add one more thing to the list, but I'd love to see pics of the new rooms!

megship said...

Ha ha, nesting anyone? Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

I'm impressed you plan to weed. I used pregnancy as an excuse not to weed for 9 months! (Now I'm using the baby as an excuse...)

The Burninghams said...

You are a hoot! I love your list. I need one daily because I forget everything. It is killing me. Where did my brain go?

lori parkhurst said...

I would say you are nesting bigtime! I am glad your time is coming so soon!

Deanna said...

I can't believe it is so close! It has gone way fast for me ;) It always does when you AREN'T the one pregnant, right?

Kathryn said...

I'm SO impressed! A real list?!? I was so forgetful when I was PG, I'd write the list & then forget where I put it.

Anyway - can we help?

And can I say how much we appreciate all you & Tyler do for the ward? Especially all you sacrifice for the young men?? It is truly appreciated.

Finally - HOW EXCITING!!! :) Can't wait to meet your little sweetheart!

lovell said...

I love it! I can't wait to see that cute baby. I'm very excited for you:)

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

I already wish I was in your shoes! I'm starting to feel like major CRAP. This is the part that I hate about pregnancy. Especially since the weather is so nice, I want to enjoy it and not be sick. ahhhhh! I have a magic pill to take (Zophran sp?) but now I need poop juice! I honestly don't know what's worse!! Anyway, good luck with everything and I can't wait to see cute little pictures of your little one!

Heather said...

How long have you lived in your house and you choose this week to hang curtains and pictures? You are too funny--but I understand all too well. The rest I agree with--except Tyler should be the one weeding.

Hollie said...

Hmmm, I don't know anyone like you at all! :) Me and lists are friends too. Is there an item on your list I could do to speed up checking the list off?