5 days left and we have INFLUENZA...

So I only have 5 days left. I have been waiting for 9 months to say that I am at the end of this pregnancy. I am FINALLY there and now I wish that I had another week. Why? I took Nick to the doctor today and he was diagnosed with Influenza A and they swabbed him for the Swine Flu. They don't think the Swine Flu test will come back positive but are running it to be safe considering we have a new baby coming home next week. Seriously! We have been healthy all winter and spring with the exception of an occasional cold or ear infection. Why, of all the weeks we have to get REALLY sick, does it have to be 5 STINKING DAYS BEFORE I DELIVER A BABY. Oh well. The best medicine is laughter so I will laugh about it, move on with my week, and sanitize like crazy in hopes that the rest of us don't get it. Wish us luck and keep us in your prayers!

6 comments:

R.D.S said...

Addie had that last year and there is a medication that they were able to perscribe as long as it was within 24 or 48 hours of her having it (I can't remember which one it was 24 or 48). Anyway, it cost 80 dollars with insurance but it knocked it out of her and by the next day, she was back to normal. I hope he gets better. You would think with a summer baby, you wouldn't have to worry about these sicknesses. Good luck with everything and I can't wait to see pics!

Kathryn said...

Unbelievable! Lysol-Lysol-Lysol!! We'll be keeping you all in our prayers.

Thank goodness you can find the laughter in it all! :)

megship said...

Good luck Renee! Everything will be fine....just breathe....

Heather said...

Craziness seems to follow you around! I am inspired by your positive, let's-laugh-about-it attitude.

Shauna B. said...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call me if I can help!

Hollie said...

Oh Renee! It wasn't just a fever after all! I hope he is starting to feel better. And I know how miserable you must be feeling right now, and 72 hours seems way to far away, but you will make it! And that little baby will be all worth it! I'm so EXCITED!