They Survived...

Our ward had the opportunity to go to Martin's Cove for Youth Conference last week and I am happy to report that they survived. The pictures are AMAZING and the ones that I have posted do not do the trip justice. It rained a lot which meant muddy and cold kids and adults but THEY DID IT! They literally pulled handcarts through knee deep mud. Tyler's clothes have yet to come clean after 3 washes...oh well!
They dried shoes and clothing over hot coals so that they had warm and dry things to wear. This picture made me laugh. I heard they burnt through a few pairs of shoes. Oops!
Those would be Tyler's pants.
What a muddy but fabulous mess! We have heard nothing but great things from those who were able to go. So much time and effort was put into the planning and carrying out of this Youth Conference. I am grateful they survived and returned with nothing more than muddy clothes and a few blisters. What a great experience for our youth!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Amazing experience, for sure! These photos are GREAT! I hope we all get copies of everyone's pics...

Thanks again to everyone. (And, Alix says "Thank goodness we don't have to do THAT again anytime soon!") I'm sure she means that in a good way. (wink!)

Deanna said...

So jealous. I wish we could do that for our youth. Man that makes me miss home! Oh, and no, that last trip is sadly the last trip we'll be making to Utah this year:(

Elizabeth said...

I still can't believe you let Tyler go -- you are an amazing wife!

Heather said...

I heard all about the mud - but the pictures truly put it into perspective!

The Tomlinsons said...

What an experience, I bet that was a very humbling experience. The type of experience that changes lives.

How are you doing? I love looking at the pictures of your beautiful baby.

AMIT said...

Good experience and pictures are really good.

Idaho Real Estate