Adjusting...


Life with 4 kids is crazy. I think that we are adjusting pretty well. I have only had a few emotional breakdowns so far, which I would like to consider "normal" after having a baby. My hubby survived trek and I survived without him for a few days. Thanks to wonderful friends and family (especially my sister, Kelsey) the last week has gone pretty smooth. Kelsey has spent every day this week at our house entertaining the kids, running to them to classes and practices, and just simply being my support. It has made the transition much easier for us all and for that I am grateful! Austin and baby Summer have a love/hate relationship so far. Poor Austin is still trying to figure things out. He wants my attention and I am doing my best to give just that. He loves the baby a bit too much sometimes. He wants to hold her all the time but doesn't quite get what I mean when I tell him to be "soft". Hopefully in time he will learn and in the meantime hopefully Summer will survive!
My mom came over this afternoon and we did a little photo shoot. I am working on a birth announcement but thought I would post an updated photo of our baby girl. I promise I will get back to blogging about all my kids but for now you get to see more baby pictures! Enjoy!

13 comments:

Erin said...

She is so Precious. Love at first sight, Lucky you.

Sharlynn said...

She is beautiful. I am glad that you made it through your husband being gone. I can't imagine. Sounds like you have wonderful family and friends to support you. Being a mom isn't easy and things will get easier it just all takes time just keep that in mind.

Shana said...

She is beautiful! What a sweet picture of Austin with Summer. Thanks for the update. I too am glad all of you survived last week.

Our Family said...

I love seeing pictures of your beautiful little girl! It's surprises me how different she looks from Kylee. It will be fun to see if they look more alike as she gets older. I hope Austin adjusts quickly. Keep a list of all your tips for easing the transition. I'm going to need them for my mama's boys soon.

Deanna said...

I love that picture of him kissing her. How sweet! Good luck and remember how fast the time really does go (event though it doesn't seem like it at 2 am).

lori parkhurst said...

You will get the hang of four kids. Just give yourself some time. I am glad you have a support system close by. My hubby is gone all week to scoutcamp. Pretty crazy around here too!

The Tomlinsons said...

What a cute little baby. I love how small, cute, and well heavenly they are. She is really a beautiful baby, what proud parents you must be!

Niki Carter said...

Adorable. HOw lucky you are to have such great support! I love your family!

R.D.S said...

She is so sweet! I am already missing the newborn stage, but I don't miss the adjusting part. Good luck with everything.

Heather said...

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures and updates on your beautiful baby! It is fun to see her adorable face.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

So sweet! It will be fun to watch her grow up so close to Chayce! I've been thinking I can handle two and then I read about you having four...I want to be there someday but thinking about it makes me tired. You are a wonderful Mom though!

Angela and Mike said...

She is darling. I love the pictures. I'm sure Austin will eventually adjust :) That's a big change, poor kid. What a beautiful family!

Christensen Family said...

Renee, your mom sent me you blog. I'm so glad she did. Your family is beautiful. Wesley has really loved holding Summer. She is so pretty. I hope you are feeling well. what a fun time. Take care.