Sweet...

My Austin woke up at 5:00 this morning. He was bright eyed and wanted to be cuddled, so I did just that. We went to the rocking chair in the family room because it is our usual spot but Austin insisted that we go rock in "baby sisters room". He climbed up on the rocking chair, took hold of the pink fuzzy blanket that was all washed and ready, and we rocked. It was one of the sweet moments that I cherish as a mother. It suddenly hit me that only 4 more weeks and he will no longer be my baby...I don't know if either of us are ready for that change! I always get sentimentel towards the end of my pregnancies. With each new addition the other kids seem to grow up a bit more. I am grateful that I have the chance to be the mother of 3 and almost 4 wonderful kids. They are my joy and I consider myself lucky to be their mom!

9 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

That is so sweet. I guess he won't be your baby anymore, but it still feels like they are all babies. I always ask my sister how her babies are doing ( age 7, 5 , 3, 8 months). I suppose one day I'll realize they are getting older, but I refuse to accept it.

I'm so excited for baby #4!

Natalie said...

That is so sweet! The last weeks with the youngest are hard, I've gotten very emotional both times I've brought my kids home (lots of change). At least your other kids have each other:)

I read your last post, hang in there, i hope your able to get a little time to get things done (and FEEL good while doing it). Good luck with everything!!!!

Rachel said...

Good luck Renee! I've been exactly in your shoes and I know you'll be just fine. I made my mom stay for a month after baby number four was born (by c-section.) It was great and I felt like I recovered pretty fast. Hang in there for that last month- it's the worst!

lovell said...

He is getting so big. I bet your excited for that baby to come. I can't wait to see her.:)

Heather said...

What a great picture of Austin! I need to take photography lessons from you.

Dottie Stay said...

Oh, Renee, that is so wonderful. Just reading your posts make me think of so many things in my own life. Thanks for putting out there for us to read. I feel you with the C-section thing. No matter how many times you go through it, it still isn't a pleasant thought. Of course it is worth it, but never a fun means to get the baby here. I will be thinking about you. I am sure you have some great help, but I would love to do anything I can for you! Good luck and good healthy, loving non-dizzy vibes!

Rebecca said...

I am really excited for you! Such a bitter sweet time with Austin. It's so hard to de-thrown the title of the youngest.

The Tomlinsons said...

That is such a cute story. Every mother needs some cuddle time with their kids.

megship said...

It is unbelievable how fast they grow up. It seems like yesterday I was sitting on the bleachers at a BYU soccer game talking to you about your two who were like a year apart. Time flies...