Overwhelmed....

Overwhelmed is the only word I can think of that describes my life right now. I am almost at the end of this pregnancy and couldn't be more excited that the end is finally in sight. Maybe it is the fact that I am 30 that makes this pregnancy feel like it has been the worst. With trips to the ER for fluids in the beginning, varicose veins from day one, an MRI to figure out my diziness that still hasn't been figured out - I am SO ready to be done!

About this time with every pregnancy my C-section fear kicks in. I don't have a choice so I should just be okay with it, but I dream about it nightly and it drives me crazy! C-sections really aren't that bad but the thought of being sliced in two is never a pleasant thought. I have to remember that is my reality when it comes to childbirth and get over it. Just over a month and a new joyful misery begins...recovering from surgery, helping the kiddos adjust to the new little one, nursing (which I never succeed in), and lack of sleep - all with a traveling husband with major church responsabilities! It will happen...I hope!

So, my house needs to be cleaned, laundry needs to be done, closets need to be organized and the darn purple nursery that is supposed to be pink needs to be finished. But, it can all wait. Today I am off to Costco for pizza and hotdogs and will return for a long afternoon nap.

Thank goodness for good family and friends or I would be admitted to the hospital 4 weeks early and not for delivery! :)

14 comments:

megship said...

Wow. Everything will be fine. Please let me know if I can do anything for you, seriously. I never succeed at breastfeeding either! These babies weren't meant for milk I guess! Good luck!

Kelly said...

I always dreamed about having a 12 lb baby the last month of my pregnancies!I just wrapped up preschool today and I was wondering if your boys could come over and play with my boys sometime?

Rebecs said...

Renee, I'm so sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed. Hang in there, all will go well with the pregnancy.

Suggestions??? Well I would say get yourself a little cleaning crew. My sister, 2 friends and I use to clean our neighbors houses for like 25 cents a room. You should recruit some neighborhood girls (like 8-11 yrs. old) before you have the baby, teach them what you want done and have them come once a week. You will be surprised! We were so meticulous at that age.

Good luck getting the nursery painted! As for the church calling, just stop going :) No but really no advice on that one.

BTW: Kelsey's prom dress was AMAZING!!

Becky said...

The end of pregnancy is always so stressful. We're just up the road if you ever need anything. Alli would love to have Kylee over sometime!

Heather said...

You can do it!

And, Darci told me this morning not to tell my I-had-to-get-baptized-3-times-because-of-my-hair story anymore, because Kylee is freaking out. You will be happy to know that I was teaching about baptism on Sunday in Sharing Time, and I only told that story to Senior Primary. So, no reminders from me this time!

Angela and Mike said...

I don't know how you do it. Seriously. I can hardly handle life and I only have one baby that can't even move yet! haha. Just a few more weeks. I'm sure that family of yours will be there to help you and the kids adjust to the new baby. How exciting!

Heather said...

I've had two friends just bottle feed from day 1 with their babies because breastfeeding was so difficult. They swear by it! The babies are perfectly healthy (La Leche League will tell you they won't be) and the moms and babies enjoy each other so much more. If it really stresses you out, don't do it!!!
At least if I have a girl, I have a nursery that has never been slept in all ready to go. Lucy has been in my bed from day 1!

The Tomlinsons said...

Keep your spirits high! You can do it, you are a great mother, wife, friend, ect, ect.

Kathryn said...

I remember the c-section dreams...but you know you've done it before & you'll definitely be able to do it again! :)

You're always so cheerful & smiley when I see you, no one would ever know you're struggling! As far as church goes - I'll take your lessons anytime.

And the breastfeeding thing didn't work for me either. I even had a La Leche lady tell me to just go to the bottle after a horrible couple of months trying with Alix!

You're SO great & so well-loved. You not only do this, you'll do it with flying colors & that sparkly smile on your face. :)

Baxter's said...

Hang in there. I hate the last bit.

*A* said...

You're too cute! Your post alway make me smile. Hang in there...you know I'd trade ya if I could!

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Sarah told us about your dizzy spells! I'm so sorry! It's bad enough to be 8 months pregnant! I'm so excited for you that it's almost over...and excited for me too :)

A Little Sass said...

All I can say is ... Good luck! I can't even imagine! Hang in there. :)

Jules said...

Renee, I hear you about the c-section. I had to have an emergency one last week and it is so not fun. I'm sure you will do as I have and keep up with the wonderful mdeications they give you to ease the pain. I tried to not take them at first and now I am so happy to have them.

I know everything is going to be great, but if anyone understands how your feeling I do. I'm so glad it's over for me and it will be for you shortly. Hang in there!