Thankful!!!

#1 My Family. I truly have 3 wonderful kids and a fantastic husband. I am not the easiest person to put up with on a good day, but even more difficult to put up with lately! I am grateful for kids that give me so much joy and for a husband that relieves me of my motherly duties the minute he walks in the door. He is a wonderful dad and an equally wonderful husband...I don't know what I would do without him!

#2 The Gospel. Life just wouldn't me the same without it. With the recent passing of my grandma I was reminded how wonderful it is that I KNOW that families are forever. I am thankful for each and every Sunday that we are able to go to church and learn more about our Savior. With that comes my calling, which I love! Teaching RS is a challenge but one that helps me grow each and every month.

#3 Extended Family. Tyler and I have both been blessed with amazing families. We have such supportive parents and siblings who would give the shirt of their backs for us. Not everyone can say they LOVE their extended family but I truly do. There is always a party and never a good enough excuse not to support one another! That's the way it should be and I love it!

#4 Good Friends. We LOVE our neighborhood and have been blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people. I have so many women that I sincerely look up to and learn so much from. We hit the jackpot in this neighborhood. There is always someone to call when help is needed and even without a phone call people come running to help! I am so thankful for the many friend that I have made that love me and love my children!

#5 The Little Thing Inside Me. There is nothing like seeing and hearing a fetal heartbeat on an ultrasound. Through the nausea and vomitting I am still grateful for the chance I have to again become a mother. Life is truly a miracle. I cannot wait to feel the little thing kicking inside of me. Very few things bring me greater joy than feeling movement inside of me.

#6 Modern Medicine. How did the pioneers do it? They suffered so much and so many survived without Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, Zofran, etc. So many women lost children in childbirth and children and husbands to sickeness. I am grateful for doctors today that can diagnose and heal so many things! Considering I am on c-section #4 this really hits home to me!

#7 Good Music. I love turning on the radio this time of year and hearing so many Christmas tunes. Christmas music is my favorite but I am grateful for anyone musically talented in any way. Music can set the tone for just about anything - I am grateful that we have such great music to choose from!

#8 Seasons. One of my most favorite things about Utah is the weather. There are 4 distinct seasons and I love each of them! I love this time of year with the snow and cool air that it brings. Spring never comes quick enough with the birds chirping and brisk mornings...and my favorite pansies! Summer brings laughter from kids running around in swimsuits and eating popsicles. Fall means that winter is almost here and the mountains are filled with color. I am lucky to be able to experience each of these seasons every year!

#9 The Ensign. Sounds crazy but as I read the December issue last night I was in heaven. How lucky we are to have access to such wonderful words, stories, and insight from our Church leaders. The General Conference issue was jammed packed with great talks and the December issue is fantastic! We truly are lucky to have such wonderful things to read.

#10 My Senses. Though I am a bit sensitive to smell right now, I am grateful that I can see, touch, hear, and even smell. So many people don't have the ability to do one or more of these. I am lucky to be able to see the beautiful lights that decorate houses this time of year, to touch the faces of my children, to hear laughter and tears, and smell so many wonderful things.

4 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Love your list! You are amazing! I love you!

Baxter's said...

I am just amazed you can be grateful for your senses during the nausea! I would like to cut out my tongue and chop off my nose during those months. :-)

Anonymous said...

I am not your neighbor but I still want to be in your #4 category! Love the list!

Niki Carter said...

Thanks Renee. It looks like you guys had some fun shopping! Thanks for your continued support.