Today I HATE snow!!!

Usually I love the snow. When it falls it makes me smile and I just want to turn on my fire and read a good book. Not today. The worst of the storm hit Utah County right as Kylee was getting out of school. I knew that she would be in tears to walk outside to try and find her carpool when the winds were whipping the snow everywhere. I was right...when she walked in the door she was red faced and not from the cold...she had been crying! I hate that!

Not too much later I got a phone call from Tyler. He barely missed the storm flying out of Wisconsin to Minnesota to Seattle last night - got in and it took 2 hours to claim bags which put him at his hotel at 3:00 a.m. Poor guy! He woke up this morning to find that the meeting that he had flown to Seattle for had been cancelled due to the weather. Darn! So, he hoped on an early flight to SLC thinking that he would beat the storm and rush hour traffic. WRONG! The plane got to SLC, circled, and was sent to Boise to land. Apparently the airport isn't letting anyone land or take off due to the weather. He sat on the runway for 1/2 hour before getting off the plane, was put back on the plane, and is now sitting on the runway again waiting for SLC to give them the okay to go...if that happens at all tonight. Are you tired yet? I bet Tyler is. Oh the joys of being a traveling salesman!!!

Needless to say - today I do not love the snow. When my family is all home and together in the warmth of our home I just might change my mind.

7 comments:

R.D.S said...

Your poor husband, I hope he gets home. Cute pic of the kids though.

lovell said...

It is awful. The snow storm was horrible. When the school called to get the kids home early today I was nervous. I thought oh no, it's another storm like last year. I Hope poor Tyler made it home safe and sound.

Amber said...

That is a darling pictures of your kids. I am so sorry about all the terrible happenings because of the snow. That is the worst. I feel for Tyler I hate that. I hope you get everyone home and happy. Good Luck.

Angela Romeril said...

OK. I will not complain! So sorry about your family.

Angela Romeril said...

PS. I have updated my blog, but for some reason it doesn't reflect that on private blogs. Weird.

Johnson said...

Oh my goodness.. I am so sorry. I hope he made it home safely!! I agree..its nice to open the blinds and enjoy it from a nice warm house...not so fun to get around in!!

The Tomlinsons said...

That is no fun!

I love your little girls smile!