Why Can't I Sleep???!!!!???

My clock says 3:45 a.m. and yes, I am awake. Why can't I sleep? I will tell you why. It is a new syndrome called "MY LAME BRAIN WON'T QUIT THINKING". Heard of it? It is the latest medical breakthrough. It is when you can't relax because you are thinking about SO many importantly lame things.

Tonight's list of importance include: Who will win the BYU vs Utah State football game this Friday? Will I attend the game or will I stay at my in-laws so I can avoid chasing Austin? What will we wear in our family pictures that I haven't even scheduled? Did I buy enough food at the Macey's case lot sale? Will Albertson's have any more chocolate chips on their sale when I go there tomorrow? Do I know where the grey leggings are that Kylee wants to wear to school tomorrow? Will the new Modbe jeans make my butt look big because the pockets are cute but busy? Did I really volunteer to go to the Elementary School this week dressed as the FOX? Will I sweat to death in that outfit?

You have to admit that those are pretty important things to think about...right? I am sure you all agree that these are sleep deprivation worthy things to worry about. You would stay awake all night too if your brain was processing such importantly lame information...right?

I am off to TRY and get some sleep.

UPDATE: It is now 4:51 and I am still here. So much for a restful night!

12 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

You are crazy! I am like that too but only getting to sleep...once I am asleep I don't wake up. Love ya! I hope you can sleep better tonight!

McGiven Family.... said...

By the way, BYU will win!!! GO COUGARS!

The Tomlinsons said...

Those are some VERY important items to think about. I often deal with the same medical condition. Did I clean the bathroom good enough, will my children wake up at 5am or 6am, and of course what should I make for dinner. I just hope that there will be a cure some day. Is your father working on that???

Aleena said...

RENEE! How do you function?!? Try some deep breathing exercises, that is what I do, seriously.

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

I was up at the same time this morning. We could've chatted or something :)

Drew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Drew said...

Renee! Let's talk about this...

First of all the stock market is down 7 billion points and we are about to be in a great depression, so there are much more importantly lame things to worry about.(although BYU football and grey leggings are extremely important)

I personally know someone that dresses up like a fox for a living and I am sure he would be happy to go to school for you. I'm not even kidding. Call me if you want him to.

Finally, if you are having that much trouble sleeping again call Jenna, she doesn't sleep well either.

Good Luck,
Drew

Sherian said...

That cracks me up! Partly because I had all but one of those exact thoughts today, and partly because I can't even get my brain to work when I am awake lately! I did notice a comment somewhere recently where the time stamp was around 3 AM. I wondered what was up? No really, I am sorry...have you tried the middle of Alma? That seems always work for me :)
(and of course BYU, you don't need to worry about that one!)

Sharon said...

Welcome to my world!

Dottie Stay said...

All I can say is - Oh, my gosh, I am glad I am not alone. Deron says I talk in my sleep about all kinds of things. My fetchin' brain won't stop. Hey, those are improtant things. I hate when I say I will do something, and then when I think about it I realize that I don't want to do what I just volunteered for. Stress is when your mouth says yes and your gut says no. I have that all the time! Good luck. Go courgars! And take a tylenol PM tonight.

lovell said...

seriously, you sound like you have a case of anxiety. Hey, I've got some extra sleeping pills if you would like to borrow them!!!!! We need a girls night out.

Hollie said...

Hi, my only comment is that it is 2am now. What is up with us?