Survived the mud

I joined 6 of my favorite ladies and participated in the "Dirty Dash" at Soldier Hollow today.  To say that we got ourselves dirty is an understatement.  We certainly made a mess of ourselves but it was oh so much fun!  I promise that I was not the only one wearing a shower cap...we all had them but mine stayed on until the bitter end and actually came in handy!  I also have my eye closed in the picture - that would be because I was caked in mud and could seriously not open that eye.  Oh the sacrifices we make for a cute picture at the finish line!  I thought all week about how I was going to accomplish this race without getting muddy.  The thought of being caked in slimy, stinky, wet mud just did not sound fun.  As you can see, I did not succeed.  I don't think my shoes will ever come clean but it was worth every dirty step!  Thanks ladies for a memorable day.  
 As you can see, Aunt Kelsey deserves the "Aunt of the year award".  She is hands down the best Aunt in the entire world.  Kylee really wanted to participate in the "Piglet Plunge" and all it took was a phone call to find her running buddy.  Brooklyn also joined in the fun and these three cute girls were great sports and were all smiles at the finish line.  

AFTER
BEFORE

A huge thank you to my sweet mom who spent the days as the photographer/babysitter/moral support.  Maybe I can convince her to join in the fun next year?  It was a beautiful day in the mountains!

2 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

I was thinking about all of you all morning long! I kept meaning to register, but then I got caught up with work and planning our trip and it just never happened. It looks like you guys had so much fun though! It sounds like I definitely missed out. Good luck getting those clothes and shoes clean! :)

McGiven Family.... said...

It looks like so much fun! I am jealous and will definitely consider joining in next year!