October Tradition...kind of!

Welcome to Halloween in Utah where it is rarely warm and often snows just in time for the trick-or-treaters to be out! I love the seasons in Utah but hate that Halloween is usually a very cold and miserable holiday. I am kind of scrooge when it comes to Halloween anyway. I hate spending money on costumes and I hate buying candy. I like to eat candy but I don't like to have an endless supply around for myself and the kids to munch on. Does anyone dislike this holiday as much as I do?

We kept our October tradition this year and carved pumpkins. We usually get together at my parents house the Sunday before Halloween, but because we are a family full of coughs and runny noses we decided we would stay away from the twins and the new baby and invited our neighbors to join us instead. It was a really fun night and though I missed our usual tradition it worked out great and the kids loved it...which is the point, right? My mom, Kelsey and Wes came and joined in the fun which made the night almost as perfect as it would have been otherwise. The Gibson and Holland kiddos.
The Holland kids.
The Gibson kids.
Mr. Nick working hard on his pumpkin which ended up being two faced...happy and mad.I posted this picture just because. I think these two are pretty cute girls if you ask me...but then I might be a bit biased! :)

Thanks to the Gibson's for joining in the fun of pumpkin carving!

5 comments:

Baxter's said...

I totally hate halloween..but that is simply because of the punks. I hate that they steal cute little pumpkins and smash them in the street. It breaks my heart to see my three year old cry cause a punk can't find anything to do. But I like the candy. :-)

Hill Family said...

I cant belive how big your baby is getting. She is sooo cute!!!! Our family actually like Halloween. My kids love it so it's a fun time for us.

Heather said...

You are not biased - those are 2 gorgeous girls! Looks like you had a great time with the Gibsons.

Deanna said...

Oh Summer is so darn cute! I like Halloween but I hate spending money on it. And I hate that I don't know any of the trick or treaters that ring my doorbell - it makes me not want to give them candy...
You could always move to Houston - should be about 78 degrees for our trick or treaters!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun caeving pumpkins. I love Halloween. I buy costumes on the big side and then we reuse them or trade with cousins. Trick or treating in the cold however, isn't so fun.