A day of HATE and LOVE...

I hate kids that are mean. I also hate knowing that it is possible that my kids are mean to other kids. I hate that I picked Kylee up from school today in tears because she didn't get invited to a birthday party of one of her friends as "punishment" for a fight they got in. I also hate having to hold her why she cries while trying to explain to her that sometimes things just don't go the way we want them to. I hate that I suddenly feel like a very overprotective mother who wanted to call the mother of the "birthday girl" and give her a piece of my mind. (Seriously, who passes out invitations at school anyway?) I hate that the world we live in today is evil and our kids have to deal with so much crap. I hate that I can't be at school with my kids to mediate every fight. I hate that this whole birthday party issue is bugging me so bad and has officially ruined my day. I hate feeling angry.

On the flip side.

I love my kids. I love that I was blessed with 2 boys and 2 girls with very different personalities. I love that my husband is a great dad and seems to fill in the gaps in our kids lives where I struggle. I love that Kylee has good friends that hopefully cancel out the bad ones. I love that we are surrounded by good neighbors and I have good friends that will listen to me when I need a sounding board. I love Kylee's teacher, Mrs. Davis, and think we are lucky she is in her class. I love that our house is a place of refuge for our kids from the evils of the world we live in. I love my Kylee and hope that she bounces back tomorrow and will try and be a better friend.

P.S.

Dear Obama,

Please don't make my kids be in school any more hours in the day than they already are. I need them home with me where I can love them, teach them, and protect them. That's what they need.

Sincerely,

Renee

10 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sorry today was a bad day. Give Kylee a hug from us all. She is so loved.

McGiven Family.... said...

I am sorry you and Kylee had a bad day! That makes me sad :(

I love you for being the best sister ever and watching my kids today. They have been talking about the "doughnut Renee got me" all day! You are the best!

Jules said...

McKell has had days like that and you really do feel so bad for them, I've cried with her on a number of occasions. Kids can be so mean. The sad thing is they will probably make up before the Birthday party and then she will regret not inviting Kylee. I too wish I could call certain parents, I mean seriously. Some of the things that go on you know if a parent stepped or taught some boundaries it wouldn't happen.

I hope Kylee feels better soon, she is such a sweet little girl. Hopefully things will get better the older she gets, it has for McKell.

Lori said...

I'm sorry Renee. We are going through this with our Hailey, and I'm sorry to say it gets worse! Why are kids so mean?? (I'd like to blame parents, but I'll keep that to myself)

With a mother like you, your children will be blessed and happy...even through their rough days:)

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry! I hate that kids can be mean too! Who does pass out Birthday invitations at school... SO stupid! Landon's teacher sent home a note this year banning B-day invites at school, love her for that! Hope Kylee has a better day tomorrow.

Hollie said...

I'm sorry Renee, I have had a few incidents myself with my girls and unfortunately one of my daughters can be the "mean kid" and I have to keep trying my best to teach her to be kind to everyone. Kylie is such a sweetie, and I know that this will blow over, she has so many friends who just love her, but as moms, we can't help but want to fix things and make it all better! On a side note, I don't believe the invites were given at school, but the word still got around which doesn't make it any easier. And it broke my heart to think of Kylie being sad, and I think Ry felt bad about it too. She had fun with her tonight at the church though! Sure do love ya!

Kathryn said...

SO, so hard. We've had years of that, especially with Alix. Remember that throughout it all, Kylee knows she has a family that offers her that safe place she needs to escape the difficulties of the world. Hugs to you both!!

Whitney Jensen said...

I couldn't agree more. I think kids should be in school LESS. Maybe we should start a petition?

megship said...

Amen sister! I had to go have a conversation with Dax the other day about mean kids. Oh I hate that I cannot be walking around with him protecting him all the time. I hate that he has to learn on his own. She will be fine, I'm sure. You are a good mom!

lori parkhurst said...

Ah. I am so sorry. I hate that they have bullies at school. My oldest child is a little bit big for his age and he gets teased every once in awhile at school by those mean kids. it hurts my heart. I wish we could protect our children from those mean kids! Hang in there Kylie!