30's Not So Bad...

The BIG 30 was not as bad as I thought it would be. It started out with a bang the night before when my girlfriends took me to see New In Town. It was a great movie, nothing nasty or crude but a lot of funny moments that made me laugh. It was a much needed night of relaxing...thanks girls!

Tyler took yesterday off which is always a treat. We checked Kylee out of school early and headed to the mall for lunch...I am easy to please and was thrilled to be surrounded by the kiddos and my mom for lunch at the eatery. I was then treated to a nice and relaxing brow wax at Remedez Salon followed by a "make over" at the Mac counter at Nordstroms. Tyler gave me an allowance to buy myself some good makeup - I was hoping that getting rid of my Walmart makeup might make me feel beautiful and shave a few years off...do you think it will work?
My parents gave me tickets to see WICKED when it comes to SLC this Spring. I am SO excited. I tried to get tickets when they went on sale with no luck but apparently my dad got a hold of two! It was a great surprise and I can't wait to go!!!!
I am sure I put on about 5 pounds as I ate almost every bite of my Birthday Cake Remix from Coldstone. It is my favorite and was much better than birthday cake!
Off to gymnastics with Kylee and to Mountain View to watch Kylee and at least 100 other little girls cheer at halftime. It was a great end to the night!
Thanks for all the Birthday wishes!

8 comments:

R.D.S said...

I am glad that you made it through and Happy belated Birthday. I am glad you are a member of the 30 and older club!

brittany said...

sounds like the perfect day! it's clear our dads are brothers as we all got Wicked tickets for Christmas! we went the last time it was in Portland and I loved it. This time we are taking Lily and I am so excited for her to see it!!

Glad the birthday was better than expected. You deserve it!!

Deanna said...

I am SOOOOO jealous that you get to go see Wicked! Have so much fun! And Coldstone does sound really good right now...

Kathryn said...

Wow - I flash back to turning 30 and I just wish I could look as great as you do now!! Even preggers! :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Our Family said...

Sounds like a great birthday! You deserve the best!

lovell said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed all the fun. Your such a cute girl I just love cute Renee

stephanie said...

Sounds like a great day! Oh 30! I wish I was there again! It wasn't too long ago but I am dreading the big 40 so if time stopped that would be ok! Happy belated birthday!

lori parkhurst said...

We tried to get tickets to wicked too. Glad you are able to go. I am glad you had a nice birthday. It was so good to see you the other night!