S.I.C.K.

I got a phone call from Kylee this morning. She wanted to come home from school because she was "sick". She has managed to stay healthy this winter amoungst all of the Elementary School germs so I didn't even question it...I figured it was our turn.

When she got home she burst into tears and told me that she was not really "sick" but she was "home sick". Part of me wanted to punish her so it doesn't become habit but at the same time I figured every kid needs a day off...right? So - no friends, no TV, no computer...but she is thrilled to just be home!

Ya gotta love kids!

10 comments:

Jess said...

What a good mom, I couldn't agree more, and you handled it perfectly. I will use that one in the future.

Jess said...

Oh and congrats on a little girl!

megship said...

Oh...that is so cute! I remember faking sick too! I don't think my kids will ever fake sick. It isn't that fun being home with ME.

Kathryn said...

Everybody needs a "sick" day with mom. :)

The Tomlinsons said...

That is really cute! You are such a good mom!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, aw...that is sweet. I'm glad you let her take the day off. Everyone needs one every now and again :)

PS thanks for the tricky way of posting a lot of comments on my blog!

Angela and Mike said...

Renee I can't believe how you cheated on the blog!!!!!!!

-mike

*A* said...

Of course I remember you!!! I'm so glad you found me! Your family is so adorable and it was so fun to see you guys. I love bloggs.....Where are you guys? We are out in Herriman and love it. I'm jealous you are preggers...we have to do IVF and I am saving every penny to do another round. Its soooo frustrating. Peek anytime:) I'm going to add you to my friends list if that's ok! It was fun to hear from you!
Love,
Andra

Shauna B. said...

Your kids are so adorable. Kylee is such a sweetheart, I don't think I could get mad at her no matter what she did!

Natalie said...

I love the sick story! I always have to remember the times i just didn't want to go to school and wanted to stay home. Parker has had a couple of those days, hopefully not too many more:) CONGRATS on a GIRL!! I'm glad someone it right there with me:)