I finally got a...



"I finally got a baby sister!" Those were Kylee's words when I broke the news to her today that we are having a GIRL. I went to my appointment and mentioned to the doctor that I was frustrated that I had to wait until 21 weeks (like everyone else) before finding out the gender of this baby. In all of my previous pregnancies I have known an ultrasound tech who has nicely slipped me in after hours and around 18 weeks to "take a peek". The doctor finished my appointment and asked me if I had a minute...of course I do...and told me that he would "take a peek". Are you kidding me??!! I called Tyler and he gave the okay and before I knew it he was telling us (Tyler was on the phone) that we are having a GIRL...Yippee!!!!

I have been convinced this whole pregnancy that this was a boy...so much for my "inspiration". He says that he is 90% but will confirm everything on Feb. 3rd at my regularly scheduled ultrasound. So, we will keep our fingers crossed until then. It is funny though...I have a really hard time with girl names and have been so convinced that it isn't a girl that I haven't hardly thought about it! Good thing we have a bit of time!

So, my mom and I have already raided the clearance racks at Gymboree. Kylee's old clothes look pretty grubby so I am pretty much starting from scratch! Should be fun! :)

14 comments:

megship said...

congratulations! What are you going to name her? You should name her Meghan.

R.D.S said...

Congratulations! How exciting for Kylee! Girls are so much easier to shop for than boys I am finding out.

The Tomlinsons said...

Yay--a girl! I think you're so lucky to get two boys and two girls. That's what I've always wanted! Congrats!

Mary said...

Hooray! We are excited for you. If Kylee doesn't tell Alissa at school today, I'll tell her and we will cheer again.

Angela and Mike said...

how exciting, congrats :)

Rebecca said...

Woohoo!!! I am so excited for Kylee..she's have so much fun.

Erin said...

Yeah. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Two of each, sounds pretty good to me! Congrats!

lovell said...

I'm so excited for you. I would love to have another girl.:)

Kathryn said...

OH! There's nothing like little girls!! :)

CONGRATS!

Whitney Jensen said...

Yeah Renee! Now you won't have to worry about c-section #5! ha ha

Niki Carter said...

Congrats!! There is nothing like sisters!

Amy Morris said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!

whitney holland. said...

Hurray! That is so exciting! I obviously haven't checked blogs in awhile! Kylee is beautiful so I am sure this little one will be just as cute! Congrats!