Nick cracks me up!

We have had a subscription to Sports Illustrated magazine for the last couple of years. It comes in the mail a few times a month and I put it in my "junk" corner on the kitchen counter. Tyler and I argue about wether or not to keep them or throw them away - they usually find that garbage after hanging around for a few days.

I sent Nick to get the mail yesterday and he came back with a Sports Illustrated in hand and a huge smile on his face and this is what he said:

"Mom, Santa must have told the mailman that I really, really, wanted a Sports Illustrated for Christmas!"

Why he has NEVER noticed that we get the Sports Illustrated every month and have for a very long time is beyond me! It was like a little added Christmas bonus for my sports fanatic son.

5 comments:

JandJ said...

I'm glad someone else has a "junk" corner in the kitchen. Mine is slowly trying to take over the entire counter. Love all your posts.

Our Family said...

That is so cute! Kyle used to get and save golf magazine for the lessons. I finally threw them away when we moved. Then at Christmas my aunt gave my uncle a binder with all the lessons from golf magazines organized in it. I was sad I didn't think of that before I trashed them.

Amy Morris said...

How funny. You've got such cute kids- I love all your stories.

Hollie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Yeah, I have like five junk drawers. I am always just hiding the mess in closets or drawers or cupboards.

Natalie said...

Cute, I enjoy all the stories as well! Hope your feeling ok!