Time Well Spent...

...with my Kylee.

Thanks to my husband, we snagged a few tickets to the Sunday morning session of General Conference.  We were up and out the door bright and early to make the drive (in the snow), find parking, and be in our seats by 9:00 a.m.  If you know me well, you will know that I was ON TIME and actually a tad bit TOO early.  We were in our seats by 8:30 which made for a long morning but it was so much fun to spend a little one on one time with my sweet Kylee.  She asked lots of questions, drew lots of pictures, attempted a nap and visited the bathroom twice but it was a sweet experience to be with my daughter in the same room as our Prophet and listen to the words of our Church leaders.  I loved every talk - there were too many good ones to choose from this time around.  It felt like October!  The blooming trees looked beautiful all covered in snow! 
One of the benefits of the Sunday morning session is the chance to hear the Music and the Spoken Word by the Tabernacle Choir.  AMAZING!  I could listen to them all day.  I think it was one of the best broadcasts ever.  I was touched by a quote they used in that broadcast and it inspired me to be better.

"Think of the people you most admire. Most likely it was not their accomplishments that touched your life but their acts of of kindness, not their beauty but their big hearts, not their successes but their support.  The same is true for all of us.  What will be cherished is the difference we've made in others' lives.  What will be valued is the love and service we've offered."

Service was touched on in a lot of talks and each inspired me to be better, try harder, and improve who I am.  Thank goodness we get to be spiritually fed twice a year because I need it! 

So, an inspirational few days and some time well spent with my daughter.  Now if the weather would warm up this month would almost be perfect.

2 comments:

lovell said...

That's awesome. I love spending time with these cute girls. I'm sure kylee had so much fun being with you.:)

The Tomlinsons said...

What a great opportunity for you and Kylee! That will be something neither of you will never forget!