Valentines Day




The more children we have the more Valentine's Day becomes a "family" holiday and this year was no exception! After forgetting to write Kylee a "love letter" that her teacher asked parents to send in and forgetting to pick up my kids from school until I got a phone call....I was in desperate need of showing my kids some extra love. We set the table in red and white and had our PINK dinner together. Pink pancakes, orange eggs (oops...yellow eggs + red food coloring = orange), pink lemonade, pink cake and pink milkshakes! I gave them each something special and we headed out the door for a surprise game of bowling. It was a perfect Valentines Day spent with all the people that I love! Ahhhh...and here is my Valentine! I love him more today than ever. He is funny, smart, dedicated, humble, hard working and about as good as a dad as anyone could ask for.
My sweet Kylee is growing up right before my eyes. She is everything a mom could hope for. Having a girl first has been the biggest blessing...she is the best helper! She is such a great student, friend, and sister. I can't imagine life without Miss Kylee Jo by my side!
Nicholas has really started to develop a personality in the last year. He is full of confidence but equally as full of love. He is like by everyone including our family. He is a great little athlete and has a brain full of great sports information if we ever have an questions!
Mr. Austin is my pal. He is hilarious. Austin says the funniest things. He loves to play and keeps Summer and I company while the kids are at school each day. He makes me smile all of the time just being who he is. He LOVES Nick and I love watching my two boys interact.
Summer is a handful but a darn cute one. I have enjoyed her as a baby so much more then a I remember enjoying my other kids. She is into everything but it rarely makes me upset. I think Heavenly Father sent her to me to teach me patience and I have certainly learned to enjoy the journey with this little one.

Hope you all had a great Valentines Day!

6 comments:

Mom, Mommy, Ma Ma Jo, Grandma, Grandma Jo said...

Who says that you're not a cute mom!!!

Abbey Zmoos said...

you are the cutest mom in the world. i love the posts about your kiddies, so accurate and so sweet. love you sis.

Kari said...

I'm really impressed you were able to create heart-shaped pancakes. I tried that - they just looks like pancake blobs with a little dent on the top. You'll have to share your secrets.

*A* said...

I love family traditions! I know I've said this a million time but, your family is SO stinking cute!

Kristin and Dan said...

You are such a fun mom!! I absolutely love your Valentine's dinner and table setting... how fun for you and your cute family!

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

What a cute idea! You've inspired me! Next year I'll have to do something more fun & creative like that (I'm sure anything is better than staying home & watching the Bachelor!)