The Count Down

This little Santa sits on our kitchen counter starting the first of December. The kids often fight over who gets to change the numbers each day and it seems to be a race each morning to see who wins the honor. This morning Austin was up bright and early and this is what I found...
Part of me wishes that there really were 81 days until Christmas. For some reason I am feeling really unmotivated and unprepared this year! Christmas is just around the corner...18 days according to my kids and I want this year to be special. I want them to understand and feel the true meaning of this time of year. The Santa countdown is one of my favorite traditions, especially when I wake up to cute little hands trying to get the numbers right. Happy shopping everyone and if you have any great ideas on how help kids stay focused on Christ this time of year I am open to suggestions!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha...that's cute! I too wish there were 81 days...its coming too quickly!

brittany said...

i thought you were the amazing black friday shopper!! i am sure you do a wonderful job helping your kids feel and find the true meaning of Christmas. your kids are adorable by the way and i love the countdown!

lori parkhurst said...

I have that same decoration! So cute that Austin did the number as 81!

Unknown said...

I wish we had more time, also. I'm usually finished with the shopping by now but not this year.
We make a manger and add straw (yellow paper) to it each time someone in the family does something kind for someone else. The idea is to make the manger soft for baby Jesus. Baby Jesus is added to it on Christmas day. It reminds us all to give service to others and bring the spirit into our home.
We also read scriptures and burn a candle each night.