One of those days...

Today was one of those days...in a good way. The kids were fairly cooperative getting things done this morning, I had a basement full of boys all afternoon, Kylee was content playing with a friend and the baby took a good nap which makes for a good day in itself! Tonight I loaded the kids in the car and met Tyler in SLC to see the lights on Temple Square. I think it has been a few years since we attempted this but I am determined to now make it one of our traditions (per Kylee's request). The snow was lightly falling but it was warm so seeing the lights was enjoyable, not miserable as I remember it in years past. We toured the Conference Center and visited both of the Visitor Center's on Temple Square. We watched the Luke 2 video and saw a presentation on eternal families. It was a perfect night and put me in the mood for Christmas. It is nights like these that I am grateful to be a mom and a wife. I love my kids and my husband. I am grateful for friends and neighbors who are examples of goodness. I have been blessed with a wonderful extended family who love and support us. Tonight I concluded that life is good. We are blessed. So rather then getting upset that the request at 10:15 was for root beer floats, I sat at the table with my kids and loved the moment. I need to do it more often.



No comments: