We did it...

A good runner needs to stretch well before and after the race...right?Taylor, Sarah, Me and Kelsey - official race finishers!
Sisters!
So we were a bit excited to see some familiar faces along the race route.

Finally, I can say that I finished a race. Kelsey, Sarah and I decided that it might be fun to run the Freedom Festival 5K this morning as part of our "training". We all whined and complained and each threatened to back out and sleep in instead - but, we did it. I have heard that once you start running races you get a bit addicted...I must admit it was a BLAST and I would love to do it again....hopefully with injured sister #4 (Abbey) included next time. It was fun to laugh, chat, and motivate each other. We were all nervous and a little wound up, or at least I was. I am pretty sure I embarrassed both of my sisters pretty good when young college guys were making cat calls and I yelled and made it clear that Kelsey is not single! I still can't figure out why they weren't hitting on me....maybe it was the fact that my pants were a bit tight and I have had four children...not a great combination! Anyway, in the end we got a medal which we all proudly accepted. I am starting a collection and am pretty sure that now that I am a "runner" I will have to find a place to display all of my trophies. I am pretty sure that my 12 minute miles are good enough for some award...don't you think? Thanks to my cute sisters for running this fun race together! Hopefully this will be a new tradition!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm so impressed that you are a "runner" now.

Unknown said...

Wow awesome!! Even though I think runners are insane.