Growing up fast...

Summer is growing up way to fast! She had her 2 month appointment yesterday and weighed in at 12 pounds 5 ounces. That means that she has gained 5 pounds since she left the hospital...I love chubby babies! She has survived the madness of the Holland household and continues to be my best baby yet. She is smiling and making noises and is so much fun! In this picture she is in my Grandma Evy's 100 year old buggy...I love it!
I am way lucky to have such a wonderful mother. She is truly amazing and I am grateful that her mother raised her so well. I couldn't ask for a better Grandma for my kids!
I have a feeling that trying to get a good family picture will be very difficult in the next couplf of years! Getting all 4 to look at the camera without crying or making faces was quite a task! I love this picture - I am still getting used to the fact that we have 4 children...crazy! I am not loving this picture below for the simple fact that I look tired! I shouldn't look tired, Summer is a great sleeper! Oh well. Her blessing day was pefect other than the spit up she decided to decorate her dress with on the way to church. She isn't a spitter but decided it would be fun to do it right then! Too funny!
No event at our house would be complete without a picture with Aunt Kelsey. She is truly the greatest helper ever! We LOVE having her around...I almost forget that my kids are mine when we are with her. She has been a lifesaver since Summer arrived. What a great mother she will be!
We were lucky enough to have Great Grandpa and Grandma Bezzant and Great Grandpa and Grandma Hill at the blessing. These two couples are such wonderful people and we were thrilled to have them there! These pictures are priceless!


This week I have hugged my kids a little tighter. I have tried hard to be a bit more patient and appreciate things about my kids that would normally bug me. There have been reports of 4 kids in the Utah County area who have been killed in different ways in the last few weeks. My heart hurts for their families. Life is precious. It is amazing how time flies and before you know it kid are all grown up. I love my kids and am grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother. I am lucky to kiss them as I tuck them in bed each night. They are all so different and bring me joy in different ways. It has been so fun to have Summer in our home. She is such a sweet baby and we all love her very much.

13 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

It is so fun to catch up on your new post. Your family is growing up and they are so precious. So much fun to have two boys and two girls. We also enjoy two of each. Congrats on Summer's baby blessing. She looked beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I love Summer's dresses, she looks so cute in everything!

megship said...

Great post, Renee! I have been thinking about how blessed I am recently too. There are so many stories about little kids being killed lately and I just thank my lucky stars that I have kids that are healthy and love me. Anyway, we will have to get together when school starts so we can actually see each other's kids in person!

Hill Family said...

They do grow up way to fast!!Summer is so pretty. To bad we did'nt get to see you on our trip to Utah, but it was fun to see Sarah, and your dad, your dad is great!! He is so much fun to talk to.

*A* said...

What a beautiful family you have!

Kathryn said...

Beautiful post, beautiful family, beautiful baby! Thanks for the "hug your kids" thoughts. It's been a hard few weeks & hugs from the kids always pull me thru.

Your sweet family/blog/thoughts always make me smile!

Jenna said...

Summer is just beautiful! I don't know how this is possible, but it seems like with every picture, she grows in beauty. Hope to see you soon and we should get a picture of Summer and Addison.

Niki Carter said...

She is so adorable! She looks so cute in that first picture - what an outfit! I'm jealous! You make pretty babies!

Heather said...

What beautiful pictures of beautiful children! It is amazing to me that you have 4 wonderful children. You go, girl!

And come over any time to see Ellie. She loves visitors.

The Tomlinsons said...

WOW, she looks so beautiful. You all do, you have such a cute little family.

Tye & Tara Thompson Family said...

your baby is beautiful! how nice to think you have 4 kids. what an accomplishment.

Amber said...

Oh my word I can't believe what I have missed while being away from the blogging world. Summer is absolutely adorable. I can't get enough of her. All your kids are precious I love seeing the love in there eyes for their new little sister. You look great oh man I told Spencer see it is okay to have another baby when they come looking so cute. What a doll.

Rebecca said...

She is so beautiful! I can't believe she's already that big!