And She's Off...

I must admit that my heart sunk this morning as I waved goodbye to Kylee. I can't believe that she is in 2nd grade! I cried when she started Kindergarten and I almost lost it in the parking lot as I left the school today. She woke up at 4:30 this morning because she was too excited to sleep. The outfit has been on her bed since yesterday afternoon and for the first time in a long time she requested sleep earlier than normal. There have been days this summer that I have wished school would start so I could have MY space and MY time. This morning I realized that I wish I could just keep my kids in bubble for a bit longer. I went to pay her lunch money and realized that I had no checkbook so I walked back to her class to give her enough money for today's lunch...there she sat in her desk...ready to learn with her papers and school supplies nicely lined up in front of her. That's my Kylee. I love her and can't wait for the time to fly so I can hear all about her first day!
 
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

That picture is adorable! I love it! I am pretty sure that leggings are supposed to be tight and they are baggy on her. Oh to be that skinny! I am sure her first day went great! I can't wait to hear about it!

Jenna said...

ADORABLE! I swear she's grown since I saw her at your mom's just a few months ago! I am sure she loved her first day of 2nd grade. Hope to see you guys soon...and for Summer and Addison to meet! =)

lori parkhurst said...

What a sweetie! Second grade is a fun year. She will have a great time!

Sharlynn said...

Hey thanks for your kind words. Did you know about your son earlier or is this something you are just finding out?

The Tomlinsons said...

What a cute girl! She takes great pictures.

Linds said...

so sweet. She is so cute. I will never forget the first time I met her. She was so cute and innocent until she made herself throw up. Man, they come a long way, don't they?

*A* said...

She is so dang cute and I love her outfit!!

Shauna B. said...

She looks adorable. Did Nick start kindgergarten? We need to get together again sometime.

Natalie said...

Such a cute picture of her!!