And He's Off...





Here is what my cute Nick looked like on his first day of Kindergarten... handsome if I might say so myself. The morning went something like this:

Tyler: "Nick, I stayed home so I can go with you on your first day."

Nick: "Why?"

Tyler: "Well, it's your first day and I just thought you might like me to me there."

Nick: "Why?"

I would give anything for just a fraction of his independence to wear off on Kylee! I drove him to school and while driving explained what the routine would be... he would be dropped off at the curb, would run to the playground, listen for the whistle, line up with his class in front of his door and wait for his teacher to guide them in. My explanation was supposed to be for future days, not his first. We pulled into the parking lot and I parked. He opened the door, jumped out, said "Bye Mom" and was off! I quickly caught up to him, camera in hand, and told him I would walk him there on the first day. His response was, "Why?" Again, I love his independence but I needed my Kindergarten mom moment... no tears were shed because I feared that if I did cry he would just ask "Why?"

I am grateful that he is excited and hope that it lasts!!!

7 comments:

Jen Tornow said...

LOVE that independence! Can't wait to see pictures of the big boy!

Baxter's said...

Love it. My Molly is the same way. Some kid was crying and wouuldn't go in. She looked up at me and asked. "what is going on?" She looked scared. She then waved goodbye. See ya mom, love you.

The Tomlinsons said...

It is so hard to see the kids growing up. I was really sad when Leah ran off to play and didn't even look back. O'well they have to grow up sometime.

I hope he has a great year.

lori parkhurst said...

What a guy! I worried about my little Oakley the whole time she was gone and she did great!

Hill Family said...

Porter starts K next week, and I think I might cry!!!! Does it get any easier? It seems like once they start school, they go to school then next thing you know they are leaving the house....

Deanna said...

Can I get some of that independence for Chloe, too?

megship said...

Ha ha ha, that is great! I have one like that too! I am always scared he is just gonna jump into someone's car if they ask him to.