Sleep.

I love being a mom.  I love all of my kids.  I love my husband and the busy life that we manage together.  But, I have decided that I LOVE sleep and I LOVE sleeping kids.  Summer keeps me on my toes.  Some toddlers are "busy" but I would describe Summer more like "crazy busy".  She is into everything.  She never stops moving.  She escapes the house daily, multiple times, and shows up in the most random places.  She climbs in my car, while it is warming up, locks the doors and laughs at me for a solid half hour as I try to convince her to let me in.  She rides her wiggle bike up and down the hill in front of our house over and over again and cries when I finally force her in the house in fear that she will end up in the street.  She runs the opposite direction when we are in a store and has been found by security multiple times hiding in the Target bathrooms.  I promise I am a good mom but, like I said, she is "crazy busy".  She has an obsession with opening and shutting (more like slamming) anything she can...doors and cupboards being her favorite. She loves to color, but not in coloring books like most kids her age.  She prefers the kitchen table, chairs, bikes, sidewalks, walls, doors, desks and even white beds!  Her latest artwork was found on my bedspread - black permanent marker.  She races cars everywhere she can, but why race cars on the floor when you can scratch up the bathroom and over other surface in the house with the metal wheels?  So, trust me when I say you have a busy toddler but my toddler is CRAZY busy.  The bonus to Summer is despite all of the craziness and laughter she provides our family - she sleeps like a rock.  She will nap even when she is not tired.  She goes to bed with very little struggle and sleeps all night long.  She makes me laugh, smile, and cry every hour of every day but I love her "crazy busy" personality more then I could ever imagine.  

3 comments:

Ben and Erika said...

Ha ha. Awww.... Her name suits her well. :)

Deanna said...

Sounds like she and Cora are from the same mold. Although, I do think summer sounds slightly more busy than Cora. Then again, Cora is younger and maybe will catch up. I hope not!

Natalie said...

Can totally relate over here! I thought my older boys were busy as toddlers, but Brady puts them both to shame. The running in the opposite direction is a favorite game of his and he's Houdini when it comes to any sort of buckle, he always manages a way out of it!
At least I have the advantage of not having a newborn to accompany the madness! :)
Good thing they're so cute! :)