Life As We Know It...



It is after midnight now and I can't sleep.  In just a few hours we will welcome another spirit into the world and into our home. The past 9 months have been a mixture of emotions.  Some weeks have flown by and others have been slow.  Our little family has been busy and the kids have all grown up.  I worry about how Summer, my "baby" for a few more hours, will adjust to a new little one in her space.  There are nights that I lay in bed and wonder if I am doing enough as a mother.  Do I exercise patience?  Do I set a good example? Do I enjoy the little things?  Do I make them feel loved?  Can I handle FIVE kids? What I do know is that tonight I am grateful to have a chance to carry another child.  I am grateful for a husband who never questioned me once when I told him there was another spirit waiting to join our family.  I have 4 (almost 5) healthy and happy kids, a supportive husband, fabulous family, and an army full of people in our ward and neighborhood who love us.  Tonight I feel like a pretty lucky lady.  Life is good.  I am happy and I can't wait to have all my kids around me tomorrow as we start this adventure together.  

6 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

5:30 a.m. does not look good on me but I can't wait to meet her! You are an incredible mom and she is lucky to be joining such a great family! Love you!

Niki Carter said...

I'm excited for you!

brittany said...

you will do great! you are an amazing mother. can't wait to see this new little baby of yours. good luck!

Angela and Mike said...

THinking of you! So excited for your not-so-little family. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Heather said...

Good luck today! You will be an amazing mother to 5 because of who you are as a person.

A Little Sass said...

Such a sweet post. You are an amazing girl! Good luck today ... and CONGRATS!

ps. you asked if Jill has a blog. No she doesn't.