2 Weeks...


Sweet little Emma is suddenly 2 weeks old.  The hormones hit me full force today and I have spent a good majority of the day crying.  I think the Pediatrician thinks that I am crazy.  Maybe.  It couldn't possibly be that I cried through Emma's entire 2 week check up.  Why?  This morning as I bathed her I noticed that her little belly button is close to falling off and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  This could quite possibly be the last time I go through the motions of having a newborn...and it is eating me alive.  Five c-sections is risky business and my body has about had it.  This pregnancy and delivery were tough.  I am blessed with 5 healthy kids to call mine and for that I am grateful.  Emma is a great baby.  She nurses like a champ and today she weighed in at 8 pounds 4 ounces which means she has gained an entire pound in the last two weeks.  She is calm and content as long as she is changed an fed.  She is adored by the entire family but especially by me.  I snuggle her as often as I can and kiss her sweet little lips.  I am not annoyed by her cries or the lack of sleep.  These are moments I took for granted with my other babies knowing that there would be another newborn to snuggle down the line.  Every child is a miracle.  They each come with their own little personalities and special gifts.  I think Emma has made me realize how much I love being a mother.   

5 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

Aw, new babies...the hormones...the emotions. You handle motherhood like a champ though. Seriously. Little Emma is just darling.Just remember, when your babies grow up a little you will still have a lot of new little nieces and nephews to snuggle up...and you won't have to be sleep deprived!

April said...

Oh man. This made me teary eyed. I hope I can have the same perspective when I have a little newborn again. It goes away so fast! it's heartbreaking!

Im also glad that Im not the only one that has cried through a Dr appt. When Jack got circumcised, I cried like I had been circumcised!

We are headed out of town, but we will be over to visit as soon as we are back!

Love ya!

*A* said...

Very sweet post. I'd give ANYTHING to be able to get pregnant. Life is so unfair sometimes. I even went to what I call a "Voo Doo" Dr in Orem and got magical drops :-) Pretty desperate huh? Guess we will see if it works. Going to be 35 this year...bio clock is ticking... your family is beautiful!!

The Tomlinsons said...

Emma is precious! I'm so glad you're enjoying every second with her! You are right--every child IS a miracle!

Rachel said...

I'm just getting caught up on you last few posts. They are so sweet. I'm happy that you are feeling good, and happy, and thankful. You really are blessed.