The Egg Drop...



As part of the self esteem unit at school the 3rd graders learn about self confidence - this somehow relates to them being like the egg and doing what you can to protect yourself...like surrounding yourself with good friends, etc. The assignment was to take a regular egg and protect it so that when it was dropped of the top of the school it wouldn't break. Kylee has been waiting for this since 1st grade...after throwing up all Thursday night I wasn't sure I would make it there to watch her egg fall and see the results. I am happy to report that at little bit of batting, foam, duck tape and a shoe box did the trick! Her egg didn't break and I witnessed the drop. She is happy in these pictures - partly because her egg didn't break but also because she got to sit by Gabe! Isn't he cute?

2 comments:

Becky said...

I totally did the egg drop in 5th grade! I think I did the egg in jello, in a shoe box.

lori parkhurst said...

What a fun project! She is such a cutie!