Happy Birthday Summer!


I can't believe my baby is ONE. This year has flown by and I have loved every minute of Summer's first year. She has been my easiest baby by far which means she is bound to be a terrible toddler, right?!

Right now Summer is...

- Walking all over the place! She favors her left foot and walks with her hands in the air so her walk is funny to watch.
- She loves all baby food and is getting better with table food. She didn't love eating birthday cake and pushed the plate away when it was put in front of her!
- Her favorite word is "ba" which we think means a number of things...bottle, bye, bed and anything else she points at. She says "ma ma" when she is tired or upset and "da" when she sees Tyler.
- She has 4 teeth and 2 more on the way.
- She loves being outside and is content in the stroller. She likes to take walks and points at things along the way while saying "ba".
- Summer is not a snuggly baby anymore but has turned into a great sleeper. She likes to be in her bed with a bottle and puts herself to sleep.
- I am pretty sure she is my busiest baby...she is into everything. Her latest trick is climbing on anything she can. If she finds a little stool or chair she climbs up and stands up...we have had a few accidents in the last couple of days!
- Thanks goodness she is finally out of the carrier and into a FORWARD facing car seat. She loves being able to see and is great in the car. (The baby carrier comes out on Sunday's so she can nap while we are at church)
- She likes balls not babies. We did get her a baby for her birthday and she has shown no interest in cuddling at all but she loved the purple ball Grandma Holland gave her...maybe I have a tomboy on my hands!

We love our sweet Summer and can't wait to see what the next year has in store. Happy Birthday to my baby girl!

6 comments:

Jamie Jensen Hill said...

Happy Birthday Summer! You are such a beautiful girl!

Angela and Mike said...

Renee, she is such a doll! I can't believe she's one! Happy birthday.

Unknown said...

She is so darling!!!
Happy 1st birthday!!

Heather said...

She is beautiful! I can't believe she is 1 already, but don't you just love this age?

Jenna said...

So precious!! I can't believe Summer is 1 and that Addison will soon be 1 too. The time flies too fast..I love that dress on her!

Deanna said...

Holy smokes time flies! what a cutie!