"I AM NERVOUS"....again!


Those of you who have followed our blog for the last few months will remember soccer season...Kylee would not play! We finally figured out that if Tyler coached she was not "nervous" and would actually step foot on the field. Well, basketball season started last week and Tyler is the coach. (I wonder why?) She played last week with no complaints and even scored a basket! Well, Tyler is out of town tonight so guess what happened!?? Kylee would not play. The collage of pictures above is the step by step negotiation that took place. I bribed her with everything from Polly Pockets to dinner at Applebees. As you can see, it worked for a minute. She played one quarter of the game, smiled for a picture, decided she no longer wanted to play, and then broke down in the last 2 minutes of the game because she realized that there was no reward because she did not play. She then decided that she wanted to play for the last minute - I told her NO! Her team was on the court and she had spent the entire game throwing a fit...so she sat on the sideline and cried. Her excuses ranged from not feeling well to just being nervous. We just never know. The point? This might be our last attempt at making our little girl an athlete. She just might join the tradition of my sisters and become a cheerleader! Yikes!

14 comments:

Sherian said...

Oh dear! Cori just started basketball last week as well. She sounds so similar. I always imagined my girls would play sports, and can feel your disappointment. I bet she will find her groove and be so awesome! You are such a great Mom to give her the opportunities to find her talents. (I love to see your Dad there! what a great support) Good Luck, maybe someday we'll sit together at a BYU game and be cheering our girls on...who knows?

McGiven Family.... said...

Hey I am offended, there is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader :)Those pictures are so funny! She is so dang cute! I love that little girl.

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I guess you can't force a kid to like sports. I thought she had conquered her fear with soccer, but I'm sorry you have to go through it all over again. I hope she has recovered from her traumatic experience.

Heather said...

Hey, some girls just aren't cut out for basketball or soccer. She can come hang out with me while we shop, get pedicures, read, and do other girly stuff.

whitney holland. said...

Hey there is NOTHING wrong with being a cheerleader!! That is so cute though that you captured all of those pictures like that! You have to tell me how you do the collages...I can't remember if you have already told me once before! Oh well, you'll have to teach me again!!!

whitney holland. said...

Hey i went back and figured out how to do the COLLAGE!! thanks!

brittany said...

i love the picture play by play!

Aleena said...

She will be the best cheerleader!

Layne & Kellie said...

I love little kids sports. She looks cute out there. Too bad that it was a rough night. Maybe when she gets older she will like it more?? aye?

Johnson said...

I love it. A true girl. I used to do the same thing to my parents and then when I finally got on the field I would do cartwheels and pick the flowers and run them back out to my parents. I remember in baseball my coach throwing me over his shoulder and running me out to center field and as soon as he plopped me down on the ground I just layed there like I was dead!!

Williams Fam said...

I'm with Sarah-Nothing wrong with being a cheerleader!! Back tucks and handsprings are no walk in the park!! ;)
Kylee is such a good sport. YOu guys are awesome to let her try everything out. I think it's cute that she wouldn't play without Tyler being there!!

Sharlynn said...

What a cutie. You are cute too. I love the pictures of you talking to your little girl and how cute you are. What a good mom. I hope things work out and if she becomes a cheerleader she will be just fine! Good luck!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I tried to have Hallie play soccer...yeah...we went straight back to Ballet! That is so funny! I need to add you onto my bloggers list...its fun to see how your cute family is doing! And Whitneys right...there is nothing wrong with being a cheerleader!!!

Niki Carter said...

Being a cheerleader is not so bad! That is so frustrating! I am so glad to hear that you are with me on the whole twilight thing! Everyone else thinks I'm nuts!