Nick's Birthday Party!


Okay, I am absolutely and totally exhausted! How can planning, preparing for, and throwing a 4 year old a birthday party completely wear me out!????! Well, it did just that. We had Nick's party today - just a few days shy of the big #4. At this age, it is hard to watch everyone else have birthdays and understand that your turn soon will come. The theme was Thomas the Train, again, and I think we pulled it off. I pulled out the old overalls, put on a plaid shirt, and even dug up a conductors hat for myself! Nick put on the good old Thomas costume and my sweet sister Abbey came to help with Austin (thank you!) and Austin napped the whole time so I had an extra hand to juggle eight 4 year old kids! Nick and I went to the party store this morning and picked up the balloons and came home to finish decorating. He was so excited! We hung railroad crossing signs throughout the house, made a train track down the middle of the table as a centerpiece, printed off pages for each of the kids to color, made "boarding passes" with each kids name on it, put together the store bought conductors hats, and even stuffed the pinata! It was fun to have him help and he was more than thrilled. At 10:00 a.m. he was on the porch waiting for his friends to arrive...the party started at 3:30. It was a fun filled day of distracting him from the clock. All in all I think the party was a hit. The kids loved the Thomas hot potato, follow the conductor, train truck scavenger hunt, red light green light, and best of all the cake and ice cream. I am glad that it is over. Now the real fun begins - all of my family and Tyler's family will be here on Sunday to celebrate on his actual Birthday! We cannot wait. Off to bed for me...it has been one heck of a day!

7 comments:

brittany said...

Where are all the pics from his big day? It sounds like a great party. I am sure Lily would have loved to be there with her favorite Nickowaus :)

whitney holland. said...

Renee you are quit the party planner! I love to plan parties and go all out, I can't wait until I have an excuse to plan plan plan! I love that you update your blog as often as I do! It's so fun to check in on your cute family. Post some pictures of the actual party it sounds like you did a great job! Happy Birthday Nick!

P.S. When can we all get together???

Natalie said...

WOW Renee! I'm impressesd! You even pulled out the old overalls eh? I remember loving those things.... how sad is that:) I'm glad the party went well, I hope you got a lot of rest that night.

McGiven Family.... said...

I realized this is the second year in a row that I will miss Nick's birthday. I am so sad. I really wanted to come to the Thomas The Train birthday party! I am glad it went well. I am sure he loved it!

Angela and Mike said...

Wow, that sounds like an awesome party. I bet you are so tired! It sounds like your hard work paid off...I want to see pictures!

Heather said...

Sounds like fun! It is so much work. I think next year we'll let someone like Kangaroo Zoo do our party for us! I bet Nick loved it.

Renee said...

My kids love Kangaroo Zoo - I am all for that! We are doing the every other year parties, next year is Kylee's turn! I don't think I can handle it every year!