First Day of Preschool

Wow, this has been a fun few weeks of firsts! I lost Kylee to Kindergarten and today I lost Nick to Preschool. I have been preparing myself for this day for a long time but it did not make it any easier. He has been looking forward to being able to attend Preschool for years - literally. He has watched his sidekick, better known as Kylee, jump out of the car and go to school and now it is his turn. He was a nervous wreck this morning! He went to the bathroom three times before we left and couldn't wipe the smile off his face as we drove down the road. When we arrived, he jumped out of the car and ran for the gate. I quickly got the baby out and hurried downstairs to join him. He had already taken off his backpack and was playing with the trains, of course, on the floor with another little boy. He was chewing on his fingers which is his nervous habit, but that went away quickly as the neighbor boy joined him on the rug. I kissed him goodbye and out the door I went. I got in the car and I CRIED! It is weird to have both Kylee and Nick doing things that are so grown up! I know, it is only Kindergarten and Preschool, but these are big milestones in our lives! Needless to say, Nick loved every minute of it. He was all smiles when I picked him up and cannot wait to go back on Friday! I am making a list of all the things I want to accomplish with my "free time"...oh wait, I still have Austin at home and he is into EVERYTHING!!! I will post Preschool pictures as soon as they are downloaded!

5 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I just love that I talked to you later and you were still crying! You are my favorite! Look at all the stuff you already got accomplished with both of your kids in school, it will be so good! I am just glad you have Austin or you really would not know what to do with yourself!

brittany said...

That is so cute that you are sad to see your kids off to school. So many moms these days are so eager to get rid of their kids. It just shows what a great mom you are. I am sure Austin will love his one on one time with mom!

Williams Fam said...

That's awesome how anxious he was to go to school! You are such a cute mommy and someday your kids will hear how bittersweet it was when they started school and love you even more!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Layne & Kellie said...

That is so cute that Nick was so excited to go. I bet it is easier for him to want to go than to be scared to go and then you having to leave him them. I get nervous just thinking about school for Owen. Kindergarten here is 20 miles away!! Your kids are so cute! Congrats on the start of the new school year.

whitney holland. said...

Your family is so darn cute! How sad for you to send Kylie off to school. My niece Kiley also started kindergarton this year...I went to her first day and it was so sad for me and she is not even my own! Your boys are darling. Tell Tyler hello for us!