A Night with Grandpa Hill...

I am pretty sure this will go down in history as one of my most favorite memories of Grandpa Hill.  It was Veterans Day and my kids didn't really understand the meaning of why we "celebrate" that day.  It bugged me that I had not taught them well as their mother so I decided to make a night of it and visit a veteran, Grandpa Hill.  He was very kind to grant my very last minute request and talked for a full 30 minutes to my kids about his time in the military.  He shared stories, showed picture, and talked about patriotism.  It was a priceless night filled with great teaching for my kids and ending with these precious pictures of my kids with their Grandpa.  I hope that the will look back on these pictures some day with fond memories of Grandpa Hill and know what he stood for.  He is a wonderful man full of conviction and testimony and I am grateful that my kids have grown up knowing who he is and feeling of his Spirit.