Baseball...

We survived another baseball season!  I am getting really good at packing strollers, blankets, umbrellas, snacks, drinks and entertainment while we enjoy our afternoons/evenings at the ballpark.  There are days I finally put everything down on the grass while sweating my guts out and wonder, "what am I doing?" .  And then I remember.  I am being a mom and I think I am a pretty good one.  What I AM doing is supporting my kids and teaching them to support each other.  They are all involved in something that requires a little sacrifice from the entire family...and hopefully they will look back and remember these as great experiences together.  It isn't easy.  There is often whining and fighting and frustrations.  I took this picture on a crisp morning in Logan at one of the recent tournaments...it was the perfect baseball weekend.  Grandparents and cousins there, perfect weather, endless hours on the playground an on the bleachers, and this little team played their heart out and won the tournament.  Totally worth the sacrifice. 

No comments: