Saturday's...

While at my parent's house for dinner tonight my sister's and I talked about the good old days as kids when we lived at the ball park.  I remember taking whatever change I could find or was given by my parents and purchasing the big Laffy Taffy's at the snack shack at the Orem City baseball fields.  We lived on fast food and loved it.  We were frequenters at any place that could provide a quick and cheap meal on our way to watch my brother's games.  I don't remember ever hating it.  I learned to keep score and loved watching their games.  Now I am my mom.  Years have passed and suddenly I am finding myself running my older kids to lessons and practices and stopping to get them dinner on the way.  I love it.  Saturday's at our house are especially busy.  With double headers for Nick and soccer games for Kylee, we are pretty much gone all day.  I have become a pro at packing whatever is necessary to keep the little ones warm, fed, hydrated, and protected from whatever weather mother nature throws at us.  There are days that I finally make it to the games sweating as I haul everyone and everything but at the end of the day it is worth it.  It feels good to be a "soccer mom".  My parents hardly every missed a game.  They always sacrificed to be on the sidelines cheering us on and I want the same for my kids.  Pretty soon all my kids will be grown and involved in their own things and I am loving the fact that I am the well prepared mom there to apply sunscreen and feed them in between games!  I wouldn't have it any other way.








3 comments:

megship said...

I too, have fond memories of those fields and the Laffy Taffys. Good ol' days...

brittany said...

i love being a soccer mom too. I totally remember visiting you guys during the summer and going to the ballpark!

The Tomlinsons said...

It is a good kind of busy, isn't it. There's nothing better than being a mommy!