The 8th Birthday Bash!

Yeah...I think that expectations were met! She has talked about her 8th birthday party for almost two years now, no joke! When Grandma Jo bought the blow up water slide at the beginning of the summer Kylee knew she wanted a water party. She originally decided to theme it "under the sea" but wanted nothing to do with little mermaid...hmmmm! So, a luau was the next best option. The water slide was a hit along with the hawaiian haystacks we served for lunch. The hawaiian music played in the background (Mylie Cyrus is hawaiian, right?) and the brownie sundaes were served (who needs cake?). What I loved about this party is that it was so Kylee. No pizza or hot dogs for lunch...she had to have hawaiian haystacks! They went over surprisingly well and I even had to cook more rice for the hungry girls. We had a sidewalk chalk contest and the girls all drew a picture of Kylee as a hula girl. It was fun to watch them giggle and laugh as they tried to be artistic. The presents were great (zu zu pets were the hit) and I was reminded once again how lucky we are to be surrounded by so many wonderful friends! It is a good think we are on the "every other year" birthday party plan because I am exhausted! The party goers!
Enjoying her favorite...hawaiian haystacks!

I took this picture because it suddenly hit me...my little girl is not so little any more. She is in 3rd grad this year and all the fun things that LIFE can throw at you will be thrown at her in the coming years!

The non-traditional brownies and ice cream.
We finished off the night by making mud pies in the neighbors backyard. Who needs sand or bark when you can spend hours creating all sorts of fun stuff out of mud?
Happy Birthday to my Kylee Jo. I love you for so many reasons but mostly because you are who you are and you are happy being just that.

6 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I am glad the party was a success! You are a fabulous mom!

I can't believe it was 8 years ago we sat in the hospital waiting and waiting and waiting for her to make her grand entrance. She is the best cousin and niece and we love and adore her! Happy birthday Kylee!

Angela and Mike said...

Happy birthday! What an awesome party for such a big day. I'm glad she got the party of her dreams, looks like a blast. I wish I could go on that waterslide! Good job Renee!

lori parkhurst said...

Looks like such a fun party. Happy birthday to your sweet little girl!

Unknown said...

How creative you are. Looks like they had a blast.

megship said...

Looks like fun! But, Hawaiin Haystacks? Ew! The brownie and ice cream idea is yummy though. That is so funny she likes haystacks. Cute.

Niki Carter said...

That's so fuuny! Audrey didn't have cake either. She asked for brownies and ice cream too.