2:00 a.m. bonding session...

Summer just woke up for her 2:00 feeding. It is now 2:39 and we are still awake. I am exhausted...my eyes are swollen from lack of sleep...I just want to feel rested before our big weekend ahead. BUT, there is something about the big blue eyes that are starring up at me that make me happy to have this 2:00 a.m. bonding session. I get so busy with all the regular chores during the day that sometimes I forget to stop and look at my beautiful baby girl. She is such a gift and I am grateful for moments like these where I can reflect on how wonderful it is to be a mother - even if it is and 2 o'clock in the morning!

7 comments:

The Burninghams said...

It is true. Sometimes those morning bonding sessions hit you in the heart. I must admit I am kind of scared!

Kathryn said...

It's been YEARS since I had one of those - I miss them dearly! I love hearing that you're catching those moments. Such a special time! (even if it IS 2:00am!)

Deanna said...

Yeah, I don't think I appreciated those as much as I should have. Lucky you!!!

*A* said...

That was a sweet post, thanks for sharing. She's a lucky little girl to have a mommy that loves her so much!

Shauna B. said...

New borns love that middle of the night bonding time, don't they? Love the birth announcement, btw.

The Tomlinsons said...

OH! That makes me want another little one.

Heather said...

I'm up then using the facilities, so maybe I'll be ready for the feeding sessions this time around? Probably not. But thanks for the reminder!