Take Time...


Summer is over and I am all of the sudden frantic to work on my "list" of projects to get done before Christmas. I was keeping myself busy around the house yesterday with Nick and Austin at my heals. Nick does not start Pre-school until next week and with Kylee gone I have taken on the role of "entertainer" next to the TV and his earned computer time! Needless to say, I kept turning on movies trying to keep him away so I could get the laundry done. I was folding socks and was prompted to put aside what I was doing and go to Nick. I found him on the computer and sat down next to him. For 45 minutes he sat and showed me all of his favorite games and went and got me a book because he really wants to learn to read "like Kylee". He looked up at me with a big smile and kissed my cheek. It dawned on me in the sweet moment that I need to take more time to spend with each of my kids. My list can wait for another day - my kids can't!

So to all of my blogging friends, go hug and kiss your kids and take a minute to just love them! That moment in time will make more difference than you know!

2 comments:

lovell said...

that is so true. They are going to be all grown up and out of the house before we know it. I was just begging Lexi the other day to go with me to the store but, she wanted to go play with Abby K. It's already starting for me now my kids are busy and they don't want to play with mom any more. :)

McGiven Family.... said...

Today I sat and held both boys and watched Barney! Thanks for the reminder of how precious our cute kids are! I can't wait to see yours soon!