Why?

Do you ever wonder why we do some of the things that we do? This weekend we traveled to Logan for the start of another Utah State Aggie basketball season. Why? I ask myself the same question quite often. Why do we travel 2 hours each direction to watch a team play when we don't even live in the city that the team resides?!!? Well, here is the scoop. My husband grew up in Millville, Utah - a small town just outside of Logan. He grew up going to Aggie basketball games every single year and those that they missed he faithfully listened to on the radio. His mom's favorite memories of him are from those days - on the floor in the family room listening and keeping score while acting like he himself was the sports broadcaster. The passion has never gone away. We moved to Logan for work and quickly became frequent fans at the basketball games and even a few football games. I learned to become and Aggie fan as well which lead the the approval of becoming season basketball ticket holders. So, there is the story. We are now proud owners of Utah State Aggie basketball tickets on the 7th row. According to Tyler they are not great seats considering his parent are just below us on row 2. But, for now my friends, I will be a Utah State Aggie basketball supporter. My kids know the fight song and look forward to attending games with Grandma and Grandpa and their dad. To me is is not the team that we are cheering for but the memories that are made in doing so. They play again this weekend so off we go!




6 comments:

brittany said...

oh you are a good wife. two hours each way? i believe the memories will definitely be worth it.

Angela and Mike said...

Isn't hard to support a team that isn't 10 minutes away...I find myself asking that questions too. UNLV is right here, yet I will never be a UNLV fan...always BYU. We will probably travel a few times every year to see football and basketball games. I find that you become an EVEN BIGGER fan once you leave the town. At least, it happened that way with us. Have fun with the basketball season!

amanda said...

what a trooper you are! we need to get together with everyone over christmas! i will be in utah from dec 22nd-jan 6th. i love reading your blog! keep up the fun posts!

Katie said...

I can empathize with the Aggie games. My dad played football for USU back in the glory days "when BYU and Utah were no competition". We also were season ticket holders for the FB games....thank goodness I married a BYU football player and don't have to cheer for the losing team anymore. They do have a good basketball program though that my brother and dad are very quick to tell me about. Love the blog and I do need to try out your clothing line. :)Katie

Rachel said...

Isn't it fun to have such a passion for a team? We're like that at our house except it's BYU of course. My two year old can name about twelve of the football players. Can I tell you how cute and funny it is to hear him say "Fui Vakapuna."

Natalie said...

Wow you do travel far. Whe it's tradition though, it makes it fun, especially if the kids enjoy it as well.