How to keep a car CLEAN...

Okay, I have had it! Anyone who has been in my car recently knows that it is just sick....I admit it. I am a bad car keeper. I like to go through the drive through for an occasional Diet Coke and there is evidence of that all over the inside - try four half empty cups that need to be thrown away. Why are they still there? Good question. You would think that it would be easy to just get out an chuck them when I get home...yeah right. I take after my dad. I blame my mess of a car on the fact that I am in it a lot. Really, if you needed something to wear because you got your shirt dirty or your child puked, you could probably find it in ONE of THREE Wal-Mart sacks carrying diapers, food, clothing, pajamas for my kids that were packed for one of my 5 trips to Grandma's house this week. The problem - I just keep packing Wal-Mart sacks and the sack from the previous night never seems to make it inside. Thirsty? Don't worry, the trunk of my car has 3, yes THREE, 24 packs from Costco waiting for you. My excuse, if there was an emergency and I had to evacuate the water would already be in the car. Goldfish crackers, anyone? You are welcome to come and search my car...there you will find a whole school of fish ground into the carpet, stepped on by my own kids along with the two carpools that I drive. Okay, I need help. I admit it. Any suggestions on how to keep a clean car? If your suggestion is to quit drinking Diet Coke and getting fast food...DREAM ON! Otherwise - any constructive criticism is welcome.

6 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Sounds about like my car and now that I have a bigger one it is getting worse. The first step is admitting you have a problem so you are on your way. Wish I had some advice but seeing as we have a brand new car and I found 5 empty bottles in it today I am not too much better!

brittany said...

Stop drinking Diet Coke, it is the only answer you know . . . just kidding. It sounds just like my car. Bags and all, minus the diet coke though. i don't know how to keep it clean, it drives ryan crazy that my car is always a disaster. the problem is trying to haul kids in and out of the car doesn't make taking bags of stuff out very easy. i hope other people have some good advice for me to follow.

Aleena said...

As you can see, you are not the only one that has a mess in thier car. Geoff is always getting mad at me for having such a mess,and not taking anything into the house. I always tell him, at least I remembered to bring in the girls.

Natalie said...

I always end up cleaning out my van when It's trash day. Right before me or my husband takes the trash cans to the curb. I grab all the garbage in a grocery sac and throw it in the can. I at least get the trash out once a week;)

Heather said...

Be married to Shea, the car cleaning Nazi. I, also, am pretty good about keeping my car clean. It's a full time job with kids. I always end up taking about three trips into the house. I usually do a trash run, get the kids in, and then bring in the bags of stuff.

Layne & Kellie said...

We don't really have a trash problem but a toy problem. I seem to have a lot of books and toys all about. Everywhere we drive it is a distance and I try to have toys on hand to keep Owen happy. By the time I get home and unload I get too tired to search for all of his toys. I end up picking them up when Owen is inside and remembers that his toy is still in the car... so I might as well pick them all up while I am searching for the one he wants. :)