The Broken Rule...

Okay, any of you that know my Kylee know that she says and does some pretty funny things. She is one that I am constantly wondering "where did you come from?". Anyway, she came home from school one day last week, quickly ate lunch, and was out the door to go and play with a friend, Riley. About an hour later I received a phone call from Riley's mom and she is laughing so hard that I can hardly understand her. She told me that I needed to ask Kylee what she did at school today. I told her to just spill the beans so that I would be prepared for whatever it was. Through the laughter, she told me that Kylee had her first kiss that day with none other than the Broxton that I hear about all the time. I was now laughing myself silly and hung up the phone to prepare myself for the conversation I would have with my 5 YEAR OLD daughter when she got home. She walked in the door, I asked her what she did at school that day, she took one look at me and ran down the hall giggling and they started to cry. She came out and I asked her what was wrong...her response was "I am so sorry Mom, I forgot about our rule." Might I remind you that she is 5 years old - just turned 5 in August, and the poor girl is in tears but kind of laughing at the same time. It was all I could do not to laugh myself. We talked about the age that it was appropriate to kiss boys and I told her to leave poor Broxton alone. The funny thing, who creates a rule with a 5 year old about kissing boys? There was no rule because the thought never even crossed my mind. The rule now is - No kissing boys until your are 6! Just kidding.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Must be from watching too much High School Musical 2!!!

whitney holland. said...

Renee that is hysterical! Most girls at age 5 think that boys have COOTIES! Apparently NOT Kylee! Too funny. Can't wait to see ya on Saturday!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, that is hysterical. She's been hanging out with Kelsie too much. She's basically a high school kid in kindergarten. How funny. That's cute that she felt bad. She's going to be a heart breaker for sure.

Dottie Stay said...

Renee,

I founf you through Natalie's blog. You have such adorable kids. Kylee is hysterical! I don't have your right email. Send it to me at stailme@hotmail.com so I can have you visit my blog. You sound awesome. Haven't seen you forever.

Melinda

brittany said...

That is so funny and totally made my day! I love kylee, she is such a cute and funny girl.

Sharlynn said...

That is hilarious. She sounds like a cutie and a very smart one at that. My oldest, Madison, got a kiss on the cheek when she was like 3 or 4 and I saw the whole thing happen. Oh and I had my first kiss at age 5. But I think I turned out okay so no worries!

Jen Tornow said...

Geez, these kids keep growing up younger and younger...I am officially scared that in just 3 little years, I may have to start having conversations about kissing with my daughter. That is such a cute story. She sounds so sweet!

Layne & Kellie said...

That is so funny!! Wow, you are going to have a handful on your hands. Your teen years are going to be oh so exciting for you!!