Thankful...

I know that I am a few weeks behind but give me a break, life has been crazy! We had a great Thanksgiving with the Hill family and have been very blessed this year. We focused our family nights in November around recognizing our blessings and being thankful for the things we have. We had a piece of paper on the fridge and each day the kids would add a few items to our list. I loved seeing the new additions to our "gratitude list" each day.

Family, Heavenly Fathers, Jesus, school, Church, sports, Renee, kids, health, Joseph Smith, brothers, food at the grocery store, friends, cousins, scriptures, prayers, good books, teachers, football, grandparents, everything, cooking supplies, Aggies, grandparents and holidays.

I loved watching them talk about what they were grateful for each day. It was fun to see their thought process and see some of their very random answers. Austin would say that he was grateful for himself every single day. I don't think he quite understood they point of our list!

Thanksgiving at the Hill house was HUGE and crazy as usual but it wouldn't be Thanksgiving if it were any different! Here are a few pictures from our fun evening with family...










Our cute little Summer is now 6 months old...time flies! She is such an amazing baby...I don't know how I got so lucky! She had her 6 month appointment this morning and here are her stats:

Weight: 19 pounds (96%)
Height: almost 28 inches (94%)

Yup, she is chunky, chubby, large and in charge but so stinking cute that I want to kiss her all the time!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Wow I can't believe that picture of Summer! She's so beautiful!

R.D.S said...

Yay for chunky babies. She is right where Asher was at that age. He was 26 pounds at his nine month so I can't wait to see if she keeps up.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for posting Summer's stats :) It is fun to see where Davis fits into the mix. He and Summer are on the same path height-wise, but she better quit packing on the pounds or she's going to weigh more than him :) Your Thanksgiving spread looked awesome (especially your plethora of pies)!