Spring Break 2009

WARNING: Picture Overload! My mom would be proud...I took 67 pictures on our 4 day trip. Most of them are blury or just look odd but I did attempt to document our fun Spring Break trip to Seattle. We started at the Great Wolf Lodge which I would highly recomend. It was a bit pricey but well worth it for indoor entertainment with kids! When you are in the Seattle area you can't count on the sun often. It rained the first 3 days we were there...good thing they plan accordingly in Washington - all the entertainment was indoors!

This picture is classic for my Kylee...she was drawn to the ice cream counter every day where she had her $6.00 scoop of ice cream. To the right of the kids you can see the indoor waterpark! It was AWESOME and the kids enjoyed hours of fun in the water. I made the mistake of not trying on my swimsuit before I left and enjoyed a very uncomfortable couple of hours chasing kids in the water in a swimsuit that didn't quite fit my pregnant belly! Good thing I didn't know anyone!
Kylee was happy to pose for a picture anytime...this is the tree house that was in the lobby of the lodge. They had story time twice a day and the tree house would talk...pretty neat!

Our room was themed and the bunkbeds looked like the kids were sleeping in a treehouse. This was a hit with the kids. They slept like angels!
This picture is another classic...Tyler negotiating with Kylee in an attempt to get her to go down the big slide. Can we say BRIBERY???
Tyler's bribes did work and Kylee and Nick both went down the big slides with their dad. This is Kylee afterwards who decided that she was done "sliding" and would rather sit and pose for pictures.
I promise I tried to get a picture of Nick not being goofy...didn't work out so well. He was great to slide in the kid area with Austin and also enjoyed posing for pictures...she just wasn't quite as cooperative as Kylee!
Austin on his favorite "urple" slide. He went down this thing 100 times in those first two days.
Kylee posing...again!
The negotiating continues for a second time down the big slide. This time it didn't work out so well.


We took the kids to opening day of the Seattle Mariners and it was a hit! We had great seats, right on the 3rd base line, and the kids enjoyed the game through the 7th inning. Even Austin sat still for most of that time thanks to the Kettle Corn and drunk fans in front of us!


It was Ken Griffey Jr's first game back and the fans went crazy every time he was up to bat.

We spent our last day in downtown Seattle and it was wonderful! The sun was shining and I survived wandering the streets, shopping, and going to the Pacific Science Center with my kids...ALONE. Tyler was off visiting with customers so we ventured out on our own. We rode the Monorail to the museum which stops at the space needle. The kids were very well behaved and loved every minute of our adventure in the big city!



It was a great trip! We survived the airplane without disturbing too many people around us and returned home to 8 inches of snow! I am tired but would do it again any day!

13 comments:

Becky said...

What a fun trip! That looks awesome! The water park looks especially fun. My kids would have a blast there.

stephanie said...

Looks like you had fun! We're looking forward to our trip in Aug- hopefully without the rain- glad you survived!

Heather said...

I am glad you had so much fun on your trip. Love the picture overload! You can do that anytime - your kids are absolutely adorable.

Deanna said...

I LOVE the bribery pictures - especially the first one!

McGiven Family.... said...

I am so glad you had so much fun! The pictures are adorable!

Shauna B. said...

Fun! I glad someone got out of the freezing weather here and did something fun!

Angela and Mike said...

What an awesome trip. I want to go there! I love all the Tyler bribery pictures.

Kathryn said...

What a fun trip! We've been wanting to go for years & haven't made it.

LOVED the bribery pics! :)

Amber said...

It looks like you guys had such a fun trip. Great pictures and what cute kiddos you have. There is a Wolfs Lodge out here we will have to try it out sometime. I also love all the pictures so keep up on the overload! Hope you are feeling good.

megship said...

Ok, so why did you choose Seattle? Just curious. I actually love Seattle. I would LOVE an indoor water park here! My kids are as fair as they come and if I didn't have to worry about sunscreen....ahhhh..

Your little girl is a mini-Renee. She is so cute! Why didn't I see one picture of you though?

lori parkhurst said...

I love Seattle. It looks like you had a great time and sure stayed at a great place!

Hollie said...

HOW FUN! We saw the Mariners play once too, but it was at the Anaheim Angels stadium. Ball games are fun to go to aren't they!

Sharlynn said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We had a Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio that we loved going too. The kids still ask about it, but obviously we aren't close by it anymore. Glad you had a good time.